Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
So where are ya'll getting the used axles from? I am looking on Car-parts.com and ebay and the sellers don't send me pics of the actual axles or provide any info as to what is included on the axle. I wish there was a good local place where I could go and check out the parts in person.
Your best bet is to contact the vendor directly and ask someone to send nudes, er I mean pics. You can probably get a better answer on the phone than email, at least that's been my experience.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mine came from another local Xterra member who is modifying his Xterra for racing and replaced the whole rear drive assembly with a Currie 9 inch axle and housing assembly. I still ended up having to source ABS sensors, which came from a local salvage company. I had feelers out there for about 3 months before finding the sensors.

Your best bet is to get in touch with local salvage companies or junk yards and tell them what you are looking for. Car-part.com is a great resource for finding places, but I've had bad luck with getting the wrong part or with places simply not responding. As jr_ss said, your best bet is to contact them directly via phone or even go in. If you're legitimately ready to make a purchase (and have the money ready to go), tell them what you're looking for and what your budget is, and if they want your business bad enough, they'll call you back when they get something or will find one for you.

The "pull your own parts" style junk yards are almost non-existent in California anymore. It's almost exclusively a salvager's business here, especially for modern cars that don't end up in junk yards often, like Xterras. They get bought at auction from insurance companies by shops that specialize in tearing them down and maximizing the value of every part that can be sold or recycled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question guys I have a 2019 Nissan Frontier desert runner with the c200k axle a guy is selling a 2006 frontier nismo rear axle for 200 bucks first of all does that one have the rear locker and second would it be worth it for me would it even fit.

·
on line
2,360 Posts
Frontier axle has the spring perches on the other side of the axle. The driveshaft flange is usually different (4 bolt instead of 6). The '06 axle only has 2 spider gears and is much more failure prone than the '08 and newer with 4 spider gears. That is probably why the differential shop was commenting about a higher failure rate on the M226 axle 3 years ago.

That axle is not a direct fit. But with some time and some tools and a few parts, it could be modified to work. I have the tools and the skills to do it, and I still wouldn't get that axle even at that price. Getting the correct axle that just bolts in will cost more up front, but less overall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Frontier axle has the spring perches on the other side of the axle. The driveshaft flange is usually different (4 bolt instead of 6). The '06 axle only has 2 spider gears and is much more failure prone than the '08 and newer with 4 spider gears. That is probably why the differential shop was commenting about a higher failure rate on the M226 axle 3 years ago.

That axle is not a direct fit. But with some time and some tools and a few parts, it could be modified to work. I have the tools and the skills to do it, and I still wouldn't get that axle even at that price. Getting the correct axle that just bolts in will cost more up front, but less overall.
Thanks a lot that answered my question

21 - 27 of 27 Posts