Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys when the tire flew off of my truck it turns out that i screwed up more than just the rotor... I messed the axle shaft up. BUT that let me get a chance to see if infact our C200 diffs had 31 splines. THEY DO!

Now whos going to be the first to put an ARB air locker on?

**UPDATE**

Shaft diameter is ~1 1/4" I need a caliper if i am going to be able to tell if its 1.31 or 1.26

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mcampana said:
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, there is an arb locker that will work with our trucks?
Some of the old Xterras have a C200 rear end with 31 splines, which has an ARB locker out for it... the reason why nobody tried it on our trucks is because nobody knew if our trucks were (without a doubt) 31 spline or 32 spline.

Now we know....

·
on line
3,272 Posts
i have seen it on ebay for the c200 but there was speculation that it might or might not work depending on the spline count. supposedly no one has gotten an accurate count before eddo.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YESSSSSS!!! Now i get to rip on Mark for once, here it goes.........

.... Man, i cant think of anything smart assed to say!! :scratch: No that wont fit in the front diff, because the front isnt a C200 (i forgot what it is), and yes it replaces all the guts. The only thing in the diff right now that will go back in is the ring and pinion gears.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Im on the fence...............It was going to be a new stereo/gps/satelite radio...........................I really cant be the first person to do this. Id have to pay someone to do the work anyways. This is not as easy as leaf springs or coil overs. Sorry Eddo, your goona have to cough up the cash for this one.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
i'm kinda on the fence to but for different reasons. i know this is great for c200 people because we have no locker but i am personally more concerned with the integrity of the front differential than the back. i really believe that the arb is probably better that the factory one but until we can find something to fix the front diff, i am not sure i want to upgrade the back.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
is that entirely true? i mean when talking about the differentials failing, wouldnt having the ARB in it replace some of the parts that are suspect to failure?

·
on line
3,272 Posts
i mean in general though, no matter what model, wouldnt a locker replace some of the parts that we suspect fail and cause the diff to fail?

i only ask because i was under the impression that a locker for the front diff would really increase the stability of the unit.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
It really depends on what's failing and if the locker is stronger than the parts already there. Just because it's a locker doesn't make it stronger.

Sure, a locker for the front would probably help in blowing up spider gears. It will do nothing as far as half shafts (except break them easier) and it will do nothing for the Ring and pinion gears or the diff housing.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
true true. you're right about the half shafts. i was just thinking about the spider gears but the housing could sure use some help too.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts