Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to 4wheel parts tomorrow and getting some new rubber. I cant decide between the BFG AT's, MT's or the ProComp Xterrains. The BFG's are about fourty to fifty dollars cheaper (i think). So i am leaning that way. But the Xterrains look bad ass (and not too many people have them). Any suggestions. which will do better ON road (90% of my driving).

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The AT KO's or the Xterrain's will be the best on-road. The Xterrains are nice tires, I got them on my Jeep, but they seem to wear fast. I currently have BFG MT's on the Xterra and I am happy, they they are surly a mud tire and you can feel it in the wheel.

If you are going to see lots of mud, get the Mt's. If you see more sand and rocks, get the AT's or Xterrain's.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
There's a reason why the BFG A/T KO is one of the most popular off roading tire currently available. It's excellent on the street (where you'll be spending 90% of your time) and it's great on the trails. The A/T's balance better than the M/T's, they're less expensive than the M/T's, they last quite a bit longer than the M/T's and they don't make as much road noise.

I like the M/T's but I've found the A/T's are perfect...for me. :cheers:

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Second Verse same as the first....

With the X as a daily driver I would go with the A/Ts. I prefer the look of the M/ts and the off-road performance is more aggressive but they wear so much faster....

·
on line
107 Posts
New tires tomorrow

Eddo,

I got the Goodyear MT/Rs since I heard they wear better and drive smoother than the BFG MTs. So far, they are holding up very well (they took a beating at GoneMoab, and show it), but my road driving for the last 3 months has been good and I notice no additional wear. I still think they are very quite for a MT, and rival the quiteness/handling of the BFG AT/KO.

I debated the BFG vs. Goodyear question quite a bit, but decided that for the best all around offroading (which here in TX includes mud), an MT was the best pick.

However, I still have my stock rims and BFG Longtrails, which I plan to install again real soon to preserve my MT/Rs.

Doug

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Just reading the latest Kal Tire flyer. Is there a difference between the BFG AT / KO and the BFG AT / T/A? This flyer shows a T/A not a KO.

Same with the MT, it is an MT / T/A in this flyer. Maybe it is a canadian thing?

·
on line
143 Posts
Just to clarify, BFG AT's at 285's fit with NO lift, right? I already tossed the mud flaps.....

·
on line
1,667 Posts
i dont think they are 2 different tires. if you click on the link you can see KO (not white) next to the T/A.

LINK

·
on line
259 Posts
I remember the KO part being added a few (4-6?) years ago to distinguish it from the older generation BFG AT's. I remember changing the design on the sidewall to look more aggressive and maybe something in the thread design itself...

Its the same tire, just the new series, sort of.

:geek:

·
on line
168 Posts
Anybody have experience with the Kumho Road Venture AT KL-78?

They look like the same tread as the KO, but a lot less expensive.

·
TNX Administrator
20,448 Posts

·
on line
1,884 Posts
I tend to think that when everyone compares themselves to "something" you should buy that "something" :brilsmurf:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts