Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Does any of you knows a shop where I can buy a suspension?
I'm planning to do a suspension lift on my X.
But it seems that all the places around Calgary are for jeeps!
And I think that buying and shipping from the US can be same cost as buying here...
What you guys think?

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Buy my king coilovers in my garage for your front and order the rest of the net

Not much around here that you wouldn't have to order in .

I recommend ordering online through nisstec lifts.com they ship super fast and cheap and have great choices and prices for a xterra

I'd order from them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I did a lot of research on this when needing to replace my rear leaf. Your best value is likely from Nisstec; with their brand name product you shouldn't need to pay duty (thanks NAFTA). And you can arrange your own shipping and brokerage to avoid usurious fees from UPS or Fedex.

The easy way is to go to Modern Motors and order the Old Man Emu stuff through them. And they'll install.

Depends on how thick your wallet is and how much work you want to do yourself.

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74153 my thread.. also has links to self clearing customs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking to get at least 1.5" of lift. Maximum 2".
I'm interested in the Old Man Emu, that will give me 1.5" of lift. Probably after changing the bumpers (still deciding between Hefty or Shrock) will be less than that.

Here's the link:

http://nissteclifts.com/index.php?p...tegory_id=173&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

What you guys think of the OME?

The problem is that I don't know how much I'll have to pay of import duties!
Plus installation here in Calgary!

By the way, nisstec has on sale the Bilstein 5100. But those seems to be just a replacement for the stock ones... Here's the link:
http://nissteclifts.com/index.php?p...age.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
OK.. I probably wasn't clear. You won't pay duty on made in USA stuff, you will pay GST and brokerage fees. On made in Australia (or China) stuff like Old Man Emu, you probably will pay duty.. I think it's 6% or 6.5% and GST and brokerage.. actually.. I might be wrong about this "no duty" on American made car parts like suspension... I know there is no duty on custom fab pieces like dep hep racks and sliders.

Installation of suspension parts is pretty pricey.... like most mechanical work.. it is a nuts and bolts job though so possible to do yourself.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Jos has ome and loves it. If you go that way with a aftermarket bumper make sure you get the hd coils . I think you can get that as an option if you order from nisstec. I remember him saying the springs that's come with them where too soft

I think it's a great option if you want to go 2 inches all around

·
Registered
988 Posts
I ship just about everything to the border storage that way your only paying gst. I wouldn't worry about install because we can tackle that on a mod day....leaf packs are fairly easy to replace.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Also it was mentioned that there is a dealership in edmonton who knows the forums and can order in Nisstec stuff. It was either mtaylor or sproatlake who talked to the parts guy.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I got mu ome from 4wheelparts (I think that's what it was called) in edomonton. They deal with a lot of ome stuff for landcruisers, delivery was quick, and overall was cheaper than ordering online and shipping. Shipping the leafs will not be cheap.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Also it was mentioned that there is a dealership in edmonton who knows the forums and can order in Nisstec stuff. It was either mtaylor or sproatlake who talked to the parts guy.
Both of us. It's Mills Nissan, the guy is Bryce.

·
Registered
550 Posts
bryce althouse! whoot!

·
Registered
988 Posts
I think they were bought out by 4wheel parts, it might be the same guys working there cause the one quote I got was way out to lunch. Every place in town I called for 4 Duratracs mounted and installed was between 1350 and 1450, then they came in with the very reasonable price of 1700 lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Buy my king coilovers in my garage for your front and order the rest of the net

Not much around here that you wouldn't have to order in .

I recommend ordering online through nisstec lifts.com they ship super fast and cheap and have great choices and prices for a xterra

I'd order from them.

Are you still selling those coilovers?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts