Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my Ford has bit the dust. After only 123K miles an electrical problem has made the truck not drivable. Rather than puting more money to this truck I will just have to buy my X earlier than I thought. I live in the NY/NJ area, does anyone know of a Nissan dealership that is good when buying a new vehicle? Have you heard of any place that may have a good selection of Xterras? I'm looking for an Off Road Xterra with a manual trans if you happen to come by one. I do not care if its a 2008 or a 2007 leftover.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
yeah, they're down by philly...if you want something more local to the metro area, there's Lynne's in Bloomfield (where i got my baby). Their selection/inventory is not great though. For the best selection/inventory, try the dealership in Jersey City. I forget the name of it, but a quick google search will find it for you.

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually For me I'm willing to travel a little to get want I want at the price I want. I forgot that Turnersville is in NJ. Everyone here has said how great their service department is, has anyone dealt with their sales team?

I actually live in Staten Island right now so Northern or Central NJ would work...

·
on line
1,361 Posts
you could do what I did and others as well. Email every dealership within your driving range, for me it was 100 miles, then take the best initial quotes and start working from there.

·
on line
4,919 Posts
lostboy said:
you could do what I did and others as well. Email every dealership within your driving range, for me it was 100 miles, then take the best initial quotes and start working from there.
This is exactly what I did. It actually suprises the salesperson if you walk in there and know exactly what price range you are looking at and how other dealers may price packages differently.

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Just stay away from the Stealers on Rt 22 in NJ. A Nissan is a Nissan where ever you purchase one but to these people it's far from that. I know it's just the service department I was dealing with but if something goes wrong for some reason you will be dealing with them.

I thinks it's Nissan World and Route 22 Nissan in the Hillside / Union stretch of Rt22.

I had a couple dealers in New England fighting for the same 05 OR that I wanted. One finally gave in to my price and picked her up.

Good luck

·
on line
294 Posts
Habberstad Nissan in Huntington NY has a great sales team/service team. Dunno if it's out of your way, here on Long Island. If you're familiar with the area, it's around X49 LIE.

Selection is decent, but they will also go out of their way to help you get what you want if they don't have it.

·
on line
145 Posts
The Nissan website will give you a list of dealers and the dealers websites. You can then search their inventory.

·
on line
610 Posts
I picked mine up at Hudson Nissan in Jersey City, its also called DeFeo, went thru carsdirect.com, check it out.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
aldo said:
I picked mine up at Hudson Nissan in Jersey City, its also called DeFeo, went thru carsdirect.com, check it out.
that's the one...i couldn't remember the name. they usually have a great selection. I was going to get mine there, but then i realized that my buddy is the finance manager at lynne's in Bloomfield = Cost - $1500 rebate.

·
on line
21 Posts
there are essentially no 2007 OR's left in the tri state. I don't know about manual trans ones though. I recnetly bought my 2007 S 4x4 from Hilltop Nissan in East Hanover NJ. I don't think they have a great selection of X's though. My recomendation would be to wait for the 08's, beacuse it's slim pickins around here, especially for the OR's which are essentially non existant.

·
on line
610 Posts
If you like the price carsdirect.com has, call them up and see if they can find one for you, why bother doing the leg work when they will for you. I was very pleased with their service, they found the vehicle I wanted in upstate NY, delivered it through Hudson Nissan in JC for the price promised, no hassles.

·
on line
28 Posts
I live in md, so I am not sure how much different the pricing is. Just to give you an idea. Before I got my used 05 s 4x4, I was looking for a new one. I test drove an 07 s 4x4, listing price was 27800, they were willing to give it to me for 23500 on the road. That's with tax and all the processing fees, some of these dealer are very desperate. this is a great time to buy. Because of the market this year, a lot of dealer are not selling. Good luck in getting your new x.

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
aldo said:
I just did it thru carsdirect.com, lets see what happends. Thanks.

·
on line
145 Posts
seels said:
k1w1t1m said:
seels said:
Yes but is that website up to date?
It seemed to be.
I hope not, becasue there seems to be NO Off Road editions left.
They not only had no ORs around here...there were no stick shifts either. Looking around their yards confirmed it. That's one of the reasons I have a "S" slushbox.

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Since it seems that there are no Off Roads around, maybe its time to explore looking at low milage used OR Xterras. I am looking at one right now, but becasue it is a different subject I will post it as a different thread.

If anyone finds a leftover '07 around, please post. I would like to see what is around.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts