Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2000 but sold it before I went into Military. Now I'm out and want a new one but trying to find out what is a good deal and what everyone else is giving for there's.
I'm looking for a 2006 Xterra S AT 4X4 The local dealer didn't have what i wanted offered me the OR.... sticker was 28500 I think they offered me 26500 // ??
Just trying to get a good idea at what I'm looking at here. Thanks........

·
on line
103 Posts
look at edmunds.com and find the invoice, get it for that and then get the $1000 rebate, so you are already at $1000 under invoice. Cant feel bad with that kind of deal. Some get it for more, some even less. That is up to your negotiating ability. But right at invoice is a doable number.

·
on line
279 Posts
Edmunds TMV is usually about what the sticker price is. When you get them down to invoice, then add tax, license,reg, etc. you usually end up around the MSRP. If you get them below invoice, that's just gravy.

·
on line
142 Posts
Check your benefits at work if you're at a big company. I was able to get Nissan employee pricing through lifecare.com I got an Off-Road 6sp for just over $24k. They even shipped it from another state because the color and transmission were not common in my area.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
I got my 06 4x4 's' AT for $23,800. I could have gotten them down to 23,500 but i really wanted it badly so I took the deal.

This was at the end of April

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys the problem im finding is not a lot of people have 4X4's I'm gunna keep looking even though I REALLY wanted tha OR .....

·
on line
3,484 Posts
The X was cheap, all the mods I did afterwards was a bear!
A good deal is in the hand of the signer. What you think is good is good.
Deals change by zip code. Offer them 5K less for starters, move slow after that let them work you up, not you work them down. When you leave the dealer, you are always going to another dealer. (no matter where you are going) Pretty big buy, get what you want and nothing less. MC

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Also I am sure they are having trouble moving SUV's with the higher gas prices. Use that to you advantage.

·
on line
161 Posts
i got my 2006 "S" AT for 20k flat. What i did is searched around for that dealership demo car. I had found a 2005 but while i was test driving they sold it to somebody else, which is ok because i got the color i wanted in the end. I got my S absolutely loaded, not missing a single option, with 2800 miles on it, very good brakes, very good tranny, ( obviously it was all brand new and just broken in a little). So i ended up getting the 2006 for the 2005's price = 20k flat!

Try looking for that. I have put in an alpine deck for 330 and a Gibson Performance exhaust for 560 with install. So total with mods and everything im looking at 20.9k and soon to be higher with a AAL and wheels/tires, but i can spend the money i would have "wasted" on a brand new one on mods and the such.

If you search (for) it, it will come!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
05 OR MT $24,500 before all the other BS addon costs.

·
on line
95 Posts
I paid $23,400 after all rebates but pre taxes/fees for my 2006 S 4x4. I purchased May 30 (day after memorial day). Whats nice is that my dealership lost power on Memorial Day and all phones all day long. They had almost no traffic and almost didnt have any sales. We went in the next day and they were almost begging to take one away.

2006 S 4X4 MT
Utility Package (running boards, body side molding, mud guards, etc)
Upgraded side curtain air-bag package
upgraded autodimming mirror with compass (grr... no temp)
threw in xterra cargo mat for rear area

·
on line
2,248 Posts
2005 S 4x4 for $20,200. 8 miles on the odometer. I bought it when the local dealership was trying to clear out the '05s to make room for the '06s and Nissan was offering a 2k factory rebate. I got it for a $1000 under invoice, but the dealership still made $1000 because of the factory rebate.

·
on line
103 Posts
OregonX said:
2005 S 4x4 for $20,200. 8 miles on the odometer. I bought it when the local dealership was trying to clear out the '05s to make room for the '06s and Nissan was offering a 2k factory rebate. I got it for a $1000 under invoice, but the dealership still made $1000 because of the factory rebate.
? confused here, so you paid $1000 over invoice? because the dealer does not get a cut of the customer factory rebate. They made a bit more off holdback, but most dealers really dislike people negotiating with the hold back.

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's a bunch of great responses and more knowledge and ammo thank you very much guys.......I could swing the OR if I had to but now sure I would really put it to good use so I'll probably hunt for the S 4X4.. Got a quote today for 2300 before tax,tag,ect..................Thanks for all the great info guys.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
s4iscool said:
OregonX said:
? confused here, so you paid $1000 over invoice? because the dealer does not get a cut of the customer factory rebate. They made a bit more off holdback, but most dealers really dislike people negotiating with the hold back.
I can't say for sure exactly how Nissan operates, but was told by a friend who works for a Honda/Acura dealership that the dealership will receive an amount equal to the "factory rebate" after the vehicle is sold. I may have jumped to conclusions by assuming that Nissan operates in the same fashion.

After approximately four hours of price negotation, the sales manager (who was very unhappy and sick of dealing with me at that point) took me into a room and showed me their stock records and invoice price on the vehicle, which was just a little over $21,000 ("S" w/ NO EXTRAS). That seemed to match the invoice estimates that I had researched on the internet. When they offered $20,200, I agreed.

Did they take a loss on the vehicle just to move stock? I really doubt it, but maybe?

The short answer would be "No," I didn't pay $1000 over invoice. Unless, my estimated invoice information was way off. I'll copy and paste info below from http://auto.consumerguide.com (2005 model year estimates). The first price on each line is Retail Price, followed by Invoice Price and the Destination Charge.

2005 Nissan Xterra: Prices & Equipment

Model Prices
Prices Updated: 05.16.2005

Trim Name Retail
Price Dealer
Invoice Destination
Charge
2WD S 4-door wagon, manual $20,850 $19,718 $580
2WD S 4-door wagon, automatic $21,650 $20,475 $580
4WD S 4-door wagon, manual $22,950 $21,705 $580
4WD S 4-door wagon, automatic $23,750 $22,461 $580
2WD Off-Road 4-door wagon, manual $23,450 $21,933 $580
2WD Off-Road 4-door wagon, automatic $24,250 $22,681 $580
4WD Off-Road 4-door wagon, manual $25,750 $24,083 $580
4WD Off-Road 4-door wagon, automatic $26,750 $25,018 $580
2WD SE 4-door wagon, automatic $25,350 $23,709 $580
4WD SE 4-door wagon, automatic $27,350 $25,579 $580
Pricing Key: Retail prices listed with each report are set by the vehicle's manufacturer. These figures appear on each car's federally mandated window sticker. Most price lists also include dealer-invoice prices. Dealer-invoice prices are what the dealer pays the manufacturer for the car and its factory-installed options. The destination charge is not included in the suggested-retail or dealer-invoice price and must be added to the cost of the vehicle. Car companies change prices frequently throughout the year. If the prices published do not match those on the vehicle's window sticker, the manufacturer has probably altered the price recently. NA = price not available, NC = no charge.

·
on line
103 Posts
ah ok, not all rebates work like that. usually the dealers do not receive the same amount of the customer rebate. Sometimes there are non published rebates for the dealers only. They dont tell us about that, but they are published in their trade magazines. The only part the dealers get that we usually dont know about, even if they sell at invoice, is the dealer holdback. All manufactures are different on the percentage but its usually in the 2%-5% area. Some are 100% gauranteed from the manufacture, some are tied to incentive for the dealer to sell. There are also other incentives for the dealer to sell "X" amount of cars in a time period for other kickbacks.

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I got my new X 2006 Black OR AT with tow and protection package also Auto Dimming EC Mirror w/Compass (yea like I need that)Adjustable Cargo Organizer( kinda cool),Carpeted Floor Mats, Retractable Cargo Cover which I don't need, Those rubber mats will come in handy though.
Msrp was 29,000 I got it for 26,500 OTD tax tag everything. Tax,tag,tite was 1200 so 25,300 down from MSRP of 29,000 The TVM on edmunds was 27,178. Not the best deal but not to bad I guess. I used things I researched and with a little help from you I'm a happy man tonight......Thanks guys..... [ThumbsUp] :cheers:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts