• Shrockworks bumpers (front and rear)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Full Shrockworks skids

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Bumpers are optional - skids and sliders are not. Have a look at your stock skid plates if you've got them - mine were scratched and DENTED pretty good after a trip up Rattle Snake Canyon. The dents on the gas tank skid were of great concern. Once your protected with them you can look at a front bumper for better approach angles and some extra protection. The rear bumper is totally optional.

·
on line
358 Posts
Skids! If you drag your soft belly you can do alot of damage. Sliders will protect the hard to replace/fix sides. If you hit/drag your bumpers you will only damage something that you want to replace anyway.

·
on line
99 Posts
sliders should be the first mod done to the x bar none. If I had to list mods in order of how I should have done them, it would be, mudflaps off, tubebars off, sliders on, rear swaybar off, upgrade rubber...

edit: after looking at your sig, I would go skids next!

·
on line
360 Posts
I went the rear bumper route myself since the X doesn't have any stock rear recovery points (that I know of). Most of the trails around here are wet so there's a good chance of getting stuck in mud.. the rear shackles would come in handy if this were to happen (to me or if I needed to haul someone out). Sliders are next on my list though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts