Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while i was looking for a prerunner bumper 4 my X, i ran across this over on the calmini website. PreRunner
now i know its for a frontier, but my question is; if the frontier and the xterra are built on the same frames, and have similiar components throughout, would this fit? i am just wondering, because i like the look of the preerunner front ends, and its something different from the Shrockworks front bumper that just about everyone has. Please dont judge my taste of front bumpers lol... ive been told numerious time that all my taste is in my mouth. lol... but will this fit our X?

·
on line
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, yeah i really dont like the other calmini bumper that is for the xterra. it make it look like a tank and is just not what im looking for lol.

·
on line
366 Posts
hmm, interesting...

Not sure about that aluminum skidplate though. I wonder how well it'd stand up if you hit something.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
I think I am going to eventually buy the Calmini, or build one like it myself. The fact that Calmini has had such bad history with their powdercoating, makes me want to get it raw. The hoop looks a little small to me, I don't think my lights would fit. So I would probably have to mod that too. The general consensus on Clubfrontier is not in favor of this bumper. But its cheap, its lightweight, and its simple.
So I guess what I am saying, is that I am interested, yet undecided.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
I just called Calmini. He thinks it should fit, just doesn't know how well the grill lines would match. He did not know how large of lights can be put on there, but he will give me a call when he finds out. I asked him about getting it bare, and he said they would gladly ship it bare, for the same price. Not what I wanted to hear. I asked him if they ever plan on fitting one to a X, and he said no. I asked him why they are not building more for the X, he had no explanation. The other thing I am worried about is the inner fender trimming ( I want to be able to return it to stock) and he said you would not have to trim the inner fender. I think I would like to talk to someone else next time.

·
on line
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well isnt that what u have to do with the shrockworks front bumper? i think u do... but not to sure. thats awesome. thanks for doing the follow up work... i think im going to have to start saving my pennies now.... sweet.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
I am also wondering how the tow hook will work with that skid plate. I can't seem to find a picture of the passenger side.

I found a pic of of the light mounting tabs, with the grill clearance.

When do you think you will order yours??

·
on line
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ahhhh it might be a little while lol, considering i only work 1 day a week and only 6 hrs. lol it might be a lil... but hopefully soon enough. and im still in college.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
i spoke to someone at calmini over a month ago and it will not fit. sorry but i did not get a name.

·
on line
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
agreed lol that sucks looks like im gona have to talk to my friend that works in a fab shop... thanks for all the replies...

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Jason,

If you really want something different, talk to Ralph at ROF. I am sure he can fab you up a tube bumper for a lot cheaper than you could buy a mass produced one. He's a good guy, does great work for a very reasonable price.

·
on line
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i will have to look into that. i know that hes really busy right now with all of the rear bumpers hes making, which is good... considering that i dont have any money lol... but thanks muzik for the sugestion.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yeah, but I am sure he can find time to fit you in. If you want, I'll be dropping my X off there for a few things, I can have him take a look at the bumper mounting and see what he says, you can PM some design ideas and he can probably give you an estimate on price. That way you know how much you need to save up.

He's a great guy.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
I also e-mailed Calmini in the past about the compatability of the Frontier pre-runner, and they said pretty much the same thing... probably won't fit cuz the body lines are so different. Too bad... I like the look personally.

Norshor, you already built sliders. Go get a Harbor Freight bender and bend one up man! The latest edition of 4wd & SUV used the HF bender to make a cage for a Sami, and said .156 wall tubing worked out well without kinking/crushing the tubing. :geek:

·
on line
1,618 Posts
RockyMtnX said:
I also e-mailed Calmini in the past about the compatability of the Frontier pre-runner, and they said pretty much the same thing... probably won't fit cuz the body lines are so different. Too bad... I like the look personally.

Norshor, you already built sliders. Go get a Harbor Freight bender and bend one up man! The latest edition of 4wd & SUV used the HF bender to make a cage for a Sami, and said .156 wall tubing worked out well without kinking/crushing the tubing. :geek:
I'll have to check that article out. My goal this spring was to start to use my garage to park in, not work. I really need to get out and play, and skip out on new projects. I can't wait to see what you end up building.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
norshor said:

I found a pic of of the light mounting tabs, with the grill clearance.
I'm actually digging that front bumper, I think I may look into this a bit more. See if we can't get one fabbed up.

·
on line
51 Posts
What is the contact number or email for Ralph at ROF? (I'd look it up, but I don't even know what ROF stands for.) I'd like to ask him whether he could do something like this calimi prerunner for the 2nd gen X and how much it'd cost.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts