Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something (or someone) hit my bumper corner where there is a step.

I am

I am unable to remove it to have a closer look behind. Looks like there are two plastic connections broken behind, and I am not sure if this is an integral part of the bumper?

Is there a way to remove this step part and reconnect or do I need a new complete bumper?

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
559 Posts
That's sucks man... but it's easy to fix/changr that part. Few month back some one was nice to my side as well and broke it and left it all scratched ... but luckily after I painted my bumpers tou can't even tell

·
Registered
2015 Cayenne Red Xterra Pro-4X
23 Posts
Something (or someone) hit my bumper corner where there is a step.

View attachment 136812 I am

I am unable to remove it to have a closer look behind. Looks like there are two plastic connections broken behind, and I am not sure if this is an integral part of the bumper?

View attachment 136813

View attachment 136815

Is there a way to remove this step part and reconnect or do I need a new complete bumper?
You might want to consider painting those bumpers while you are taking the time to fix it. :) No offense, just saying.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Its pretty easy to remove the entire corner. Just do that and see how bad the plastic clips are on the step. Here is a pic from when i did my lights so you can see what it looks like on the back side.
Sorry it doesnt show more of the step.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pry up the cover on the flat step, it just snaps on. I recall a screw or 2 underneath, the rest is just gromets i believe.
It should just pry out
Thanks, I did pry out the flat step.

I do not see any screws under that. The left side seems to have broken of. I do not see any screws, when I do try to pry the whole thing off the bumper moves with it.

Are those plastic rivets that connects the step with the bumper? If so the only way is to brute force it by prying and hope the rivets break before the bumper breaks?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its pretty easy to remove the entire corner. Just do that and see how bad the plastic clips are on the step. Here is a pic from when i did my lights so you can see what it looks like on the back side.
Sorry it doesnt show more of the step.
View attachment 136832
Thank you, so there are nuts on the inside holding the side step screws?

The red circles are the attachment screws for the side step?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thank you, so there are nuts on the inside holding the side step screws?

The red circles are the attachment screws for the side step?
View attachment 136869
Yes, that is what is holding the step to the bumper corner. Quit prying on it, unless you want to replace more stuff. Just take it off and add a larger washer to the backside of the broken one. That should hold it firmly in place. There is a L bracket under the step for reference. Corner removal is easy. The biggest problem is the plastic clip above the L bracket. (In picture behind the light above L bracket, black plastic piece. ) Just be careful as that thing can break or break the clips holding on to it. Once you see how easy it is, then pop off the other and add some lights.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I need to replace my rear left step cover. Here’s a photo of what it looks like without one if that’s helpful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts