Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my BD tuner, which I mostly love, goes to night display when I turn on my headlights. This is good.

However, when I switch my brights on, it goes back to day mode. This is undesirable.

Anyone else have this issue and if so, how'd you resolve???

Thanks!!

·
on line
719 Posts
I know someone else looked into get a fix for this, but I can't seem to find the thread. I thought they tried to contact Bully dog to get a custom program fix, but I can't be sure if they actually got it or not.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine does the same thing...just have to learn to live with it. How often are you running your brights anyway?
I drive a ton in the mountains so the brights are on frequently.

I spent an 1-1/2 hours on the phone with BD tech support yesterday. They tried a number of fixes and the best they came up with had the problem completely reversed (no lights = night mode, lights on = day mode, brights on = night mode) which is even more useless.

They started a trouble ticket and said it'll be a few weeks but they will get an X into their shop to do some digging. "Soon" after that they'll be able to correct the coding and have a patch available.

We'll see. Obviously if they come up with a fix I'll post it up here.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know someone else looked into get a fix for this, but I can't seem to find the thread. I thought they tried to contact Bully dog to get a custom program fix, but I can't be sure if they actually got it or not.
Yeah, I search this forum high and low before starting this thread, couldn't find anything. Looking around the web as a whole, I found some complaints about the issue but no fixes.

·
on line
3,171 Posts
I'm sure you tried this, but, just in case... Have you updated your Bullydog at all? I've had mine for a few years and I've had 2 updates for it. My screen doesn't change back to day mode when I switch to highbeams. Then again, I've never noticed it do that before, even when I first bought it.

Must be something with the newer Xterra's maybe? Mine's an 07, and you guys with the problems all have 2011's and newer... ?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Mine goes to day mode with the high beams on. I have updated it but it is still the same. 2011 pro-4x... I usually just turn it off if I need the high beams but interested in solution.

·
on line
719 Posts
I have mine set to night mode all the time. Then it doesn't switch when you use the high beams. Looks more like the rest of the gauges that way too.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have mine set to night mode all the time. Then it doesn't switch when you use the high beams. Looks more like the rest of the gauges that way too.
Seems like a simple fix. I'll have a go at that until BD gets their s**t together!
Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts