Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So the engine in my Xterra has 230k miles on it - I've got leaking valve covers, low oil pressure from a galley gasket, and a clicking noise that I think it related to my valve lashing. I have a spare VQ40 in the shop with 85k miles on it. It will be faster for me to just swap the motors out than to repair the issues with the one in my X right now.

Right now the replacement engine is on an engine stand and I'm going ahead and doing the timing chain, installing the upgraded (metal) galley gaskets, and ordering an engine gasket kit. Is there any maintenance items or anything ya'll would suggest I do now while I have my engine out?

For funsies I was also thinking I'd install shorty headers, and IMS... but this comes down to budget... might not be able to afford those things right now. I also have a cracked radiator that I'm replacing right now, big oof!

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Hey everyone,
... anything ya'll would suggest I do now while I have my engine out?

For funsies… but this comes down to budget... might not be able to afford those things right now... big oof!
Supercharger haha

·
Registered
464 Posts
If you don't swap in some headers, check the weld condition of the exhaust manifolds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts