Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meeting Place: Albertson's Parking Lot (nearest the Shell Gas Station)
2727 N Power Rd
Mesa, AZ 85215

Meet Time: 9 am roll out by 9:30 am (if you are running late call me on my cell phone and PM me if you need the number)

Date: Sunday March 9th

Description: This is not a 2wd friendly trail. That being said, stock 4x4s shouldn't have too much trouble. Sliders and skids are recommended but not required. The main trail is moderately challenging with plenty of off-shoots and creek beds to challenge everyone of every level. The trail should take about 5-6 hrs to run depending on how long we play. I recommend bringing a lunch, snacks and LOTS OF WATER. We will be running the trial from North to South. The trail is detailed on pg. 171 of the "Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" book. The trail is east of Phoenix near the Usery Recreation Area. The trail is not a loop and we will be coming back into town via Hwy-60. Temperatures should be pretty nice, did I mention, BRING LOTS OF WATER.

Permit Required: A FREE premit is required to run the trail. It can be obtained from the Mesa District Ranger Station. We can add 5 persons to each permit in addition to the person the permit is issued to, so not everyone needs to run out and get a permit. If you would like, I can take care of this, I will just need you to PM me your First and Last name and the names of all those riding with you.

CB Channel: 14

The Shell Gas Station would be the best place to top off the gas tank and stock up on any last minute goodies. We will be meeting in the Albertson’s parking lot immediately south of the gas station between the station and Jack in the Box. The trail head is 9.7 miles from the Shell Gas Station. Who's in?

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Sorry Penski, I'm not going make it. I just found out that I have been accepted into the OHV Ambassador program, and the training for it is on Mar 7-9. I will be able to make the car show on Sat. if you guys are still going there. If you end up doing a night run on either Sat or Sun, I can meet you guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts