Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Glad to see someone isn't afraid of a more complex design, looks great. I like to see things made without the constraints of making it suited for production where all the corners are cut and extra steps are avoided to reduce cost. When the labor is your own metal gets quite a bit cheaper.

I hope I can follow in your path one day, one of several future projects I have in the back of my mind. Thanks for sharing, ideas from this will possibly help me if I get around to designing my own.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I like the idea of shipping "Bumper Kits". I think it could be really successful - have options for different lights, hoops, slot for winch, etc..

Bumper looks good by the way!

·
on line
810 Posts
I see it now, in the side-view of your cardboard ... cool. :thumbleft:

... might be cool to see this as a diy 'flatpack' kit for folks who have some welding skill and a desire to make their own bumper ... but that's perhaps more than you want to take on.
I'm pretty sure Balistic Fab still has my bumper on file. I know at least one guy ordered my bumper (or part of it) from them cause the tech at BF asked me if it was OK.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Like I stated previously, I think it looks great. I do have one question. What is the purpose of the two holes in the top/middle
Yes, the holes are to access the winch to connect remote and engage/disengag. This is one thing that I couldn't figure out on other bumpers, how do you access the winch?

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Yes, the holes are to access the winch to connect remote and engage/disengag. This is one thing that I couldn't figure out on other bumpers, how do you access the winch?
My Hefty has access holes on the underside.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Do you plan on powder coating it or spray can rhino??

·
Registered
166 Posts
Do you plan on Powder Coating it or Spray Can Rhino??
After last weekends trip I have confirmed that I will be painting it to mach my Sliders. This way I can just touch up any scrapes and scratches.

I still need to pull it off and finish welding the inside, attach my Recovery Points, make mounts for the Factory Fog Lights then finish sanding everything.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts