2.5" front spacer
Removed front swaybar

Rear:
2" AAL
Adjustable Rear Lift Shackles
Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks: 3-4 inch rear lift
1.5" rear wheel spacers
Removed rear sway bar
Stock Titan brake lines (these are about 3" longer than the Xterra lines)

Wheels/Tires:
Stock PRO4X wheels
285/75R16 Tread Wright Guard Dog MT

IN THE WORKS

Armor:
Sliders

Front:

Rear:

FUTURE MODS

Magnaflow 2 into 1 muffler
Front and rear bumpers
Radflo Titan Swap Coilovers
PRG Titan upper control arms
Spring over in the rear
M205

PHOTOS

The Parts

Titan Swap Completed

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Updated with pics.

Everything that I have read says that the TS will not give you any lift, but I took very accurate measurements of everything before and after and the TS provided an extra 1" of lift.

I have the adjustable shackles set at the lowest setting. It is worth noting that I had to pull both of the rear ABS wires out of one of there mounting points to prevent them from ripping off. The rear brake lines are close to tight so i'm going to get some stock Titan rear brake lines ($12.99ea) just to be safe.

The difference in the ride is amazing; this thing rides like a caddy now.

Total cost of the swap including the rear shocks and shackles was under $1500

I do have some rubbing on the front bumper on the left side, but I think this has to do with the tree that I pushed over while climbing a hill last weekend. But it did not rub before the TS.

·
Registered
407 Posts
That's a great start. Glad it came out so well. Thanks for talking pics of the Xterra vs Titan parts, I'm sure people considering this lift in the future will consider those comparisons useful.

Also you're correct that the TS itself provides no lift. The lift comes from your selection of new springs, spacers, and shackles.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also you're correct that the TS itself provides no lift. The lift comes from your selection of new springs, spacers, and shackles.
I think you misunderstood, yes the shackles did lift the rear. But before I did the shackles I completed the front.... No lift was added.... Just the TS... This added 1" of ride height. I check after the installation, after the alignment, and after driving it for 2 days.. It is still 1" higher than it was before the TS. Still 1" higher after I added the shackles to the rear.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another Slider Build Thread

I have been slowly collecting parts for my slider build, and slowly tinkering away when I get a little extra time here and there.

So far I have a less than $50 into these not including my time. I tend to be cheap and build my stuff out of scrap from other peoples projects.

I built the four frame mount brackets out of a FREE 41" long piece of 1/4 4x6 angle iron.

These will be attached with 4 bolts each. I bought these $$

Two 3/8 button head socket cap screws on the bottom that tread into holes in the frame. I used the button head for the smooth look and less of a chance of them hanging up on anything.

Two 1/2 socket shoulder bolts through the side. These slide through the outside of the frame and bottom out on the inside of the backside, this allows the bolt to be tightened with out continually smashing the frame in.

The square sliders themselves are way over kill because the 21' long piece of tubing I got for FREE was .250 wall 2". Im sure these will never dent even if I fall off of a cliff onto a rock.

The attachment pieces are also made out of the heavy 2" square tubing

The steps/rocker guards are going to be made out of some 2" tubing that I got for FREE, again this stuff is much thicker than needed.

The 90s I had to buy$$

I still need to cut the support pieces for the steps out of some 1-1/2 tubing I picked for $10

That is as far I have gotten so far, hoping to finish them up this weekend and drop them off a the powder coat place on Monday.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Had a little time to get these tacked together.

[URL=http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/mudrunnerone/media/Mobile%20Uploads/
20140626_200710_zpslfykvc88.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/mudrunnerone/Mobile%20Uploads/20140626_200710_zpslfykvc88.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

All finished

I couldn't wait and painted them with some hammered finish paint, it was supposed to be black but it looks more like night armor pearl to me. if it doesn't hold up i will have them powder coated. I have used this stuff before and its pretty tough. I haven't put them on because of the high humidity here, they are taking forever to dry.

[/URL][/IMG

]

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts
Your started another post in Member's Xterra after you already had this one. You can't do this, you only get one Member's Xterra Thread per vehicle, then it must conform to posting rules. This is not a general posting forum, you can only post in a Member's Xterra Thread or in your own thread or find somewhere else in the other forums to make your general post, i.e. like "Xterra Projects". So your general post was moved here. If you want it moved somewhere else, then let me know...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it rides great. It is kinda soft, but even with the stock uppers it doesn't bottom out.

There are a series of dips in the road i drive every day that would put my head into the roof when the X was stock and would almost make the tires come off the ground with the lift, now it is almost unnoticeable with the TS.

My next purchase will me the PRG uppers though, just to get the caster right. The steering is a little sensitive.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Nice! I need to upgrade my shocks all around. I feel every slight imperfection in the road lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts