1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2005 Nissan Xterra s
Night Armor
Located in Colorado

This thread is going to be slow and unexciting for quite a while but this is me starting my build thread, so far no suspension work besides just fixing things that break. Running 33s with no sway bars which actually drives great on the road still, and without sways you get a lot more flex.

Basically, as of now I'm a broke college student trying to maintain daily driving this thirsty motor, when I have extra cash it runs to the x but progress is slow. I have lots of plans though. If anyone has any ideas for affordable mods (it's okay if they take a lot of work) let me know I'm always looking for stuff to do to improve my truck.

Edit:
  • Forgot to mention that my X was an s trim package without the locker and I swapped a front and rear diff from an off road model with a locker, so its locked in the rear.
  • built a drawer system for tool storage in the back
  • also just dropped a remanufactured engine into it a few weeks ago.
  • gonna add pictures to this thread as it goes on.
  • Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Sky
    Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive tire Trunk
    Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Sky

·
Registered
250 Posts
Rear diff breather and hood rod mod...first 2 every x should do. After that the oil pan front diff skid is a great first armor addition

·
Registered
2012 Xterra pro-4x
36 Posts
100% agree on the diff breather and hood rod mod. The cheapest most useful mod for me was swapping out the interior dome lights with these.

Amazon.com: AUXLIGHT DE3175 DE3021 DE3022 3175 31MM 1.22”Festoon Canbus Error Free LED Interior Light Bulbs Amber Yellow, Super Bright 6SMD Chips for Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights (Pack of 6): Automotive

I also replaced my stock headlights with these LED replacements and it was a game changer.

·
TNX Veteran
4,579 Posts
Formatting didn't carry over very well from old forum but this thread is exactly what you are looking for:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rear diff breather and hood rod mod...first 2 every x should do. After that the oil pan front diff skid is a great first armor addition
I was definitely planning on a skid plate, the diff breather is definitely also a good idea that id forgotten about. hadn't though about the hood struts though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts