Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is love bug season here in Florida and my Xterra is covered in bug strikes. Driving down the road here it sounds like it is pouring rain. What does everyone recommend for removal of bugs on your Xterra? A friend of mine recommends Stoner Car Care Bug Eraser then to just wash the vehicle as you always do.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It is love bug season here in Florida and my Xterra is covered in bug strikes. Driving down the road here it sounds like it is pouring rain. What does everyone recommend for removal of bugs on your Xterra? A friend of mine recommends Stoner Car Care Bug Eraser then to just wash the vehicle as you always do.

https://www.amazon.com/McKees-37-Road-Scrubber-2-Pack/dp/B01LF3FY7Y

These are awesome. Soak for 24 hours before first use & will not scratch. Promise.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Turtle Wax Bug And Tar Remover. I love this stuff. Shake it up to get a good thick spray and let it sit on the offending big innards for a few minutes before wiping off with a microfiber. Especially large bugs might take two rounds.

Works on both Custard and Rhubarb filled bugs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Turtle Wax Bug And Tar Remover. I love this stuff. Shake it up to get a good thick spray and let it sit on the offending big innards for a few minutes before wiping off with a microfiber. Especially large bugs might take two rounds.

Works on both Custard and Rhubarb filled bugs.
If you use those sponges I talked about, you won’t need any chemicals. #ScoutsHonor Also, WD-40 works the same as the Turtle Wax stuff at a better price.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Perhaps, but I'm not comfortable using any abrasives on my motorcycle windshields or plastics. The spray doesn't damage those parts and I can use a soft microfiber to get the bugs off without scrubbing. Since I have it, I just use it on the vehicles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sup mang. I would highly recommend car pro bugout with a mildly abrasive yellow bug brick. Soak the brick in warm water to soften it and let the bugout dwell for 30 seconds. Any bug that isnt etched into the paint will come right out.

That's what we use on clients vehicles here coated or non coated. It wont even harm the baby soft clear coat of a viper.
https://www.carpro-us.com/deep-cleanse/carpro-bug-out-insect-removal-500ml-17-oz/

·
Registered
155 Posts
Perhaps, but I'm not comfortable using any abrasives on my motorcycle windshields or plastics. The spray doesn't damage those parts and I can use a soft microfiber to get the bugs off without scrubbing. Since I have it, I just use it on the vehicles.
They won’t scratch the paint at all. I detailed cars for a few years while slinging tires & mechanicing. All the pros them. Bierce_iv knows what’s up.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I'm more worried about the windscreen, motorcycle windshields are made of plastic, not glass, and scratch easily. Plexus is all I use to clean mine, unless there are stuck on bugs - then I use a little of the Turtle wax, but clean it off with Plexus.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm more worried about the windscreen, motorcycle windshields are made of plastic, not glass, and scratch easily. Plexus is all I use to clean mine, unless there are stuck on bugs - then I use a little of the Turtle wax, but clean it off with Plexus.
I promise. They will not scratch anything once they’ve been soaked (dry, yes). Think of a magic eraser for vehicles. I used them on $100k hot rods.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Thanks, but I know that the stuff I use works and I know doesn't scratch the incredibly soft plexiglass on my bikes. One use of any abrasive might not be noticeable right away (often it is), but over time the entire windshield will get scratched with even the most mild abrasive - and foam blocks are abrasive. Since my bike is nearly 20 years old and finding parts is becoming difficult or impossible, I'm not taking any chances on any abrasives of any kind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts