Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to get a general consensus on if people have one or not. I'm starting to get some chips in the paint, and getting tired of getting 2000 grit sandpaper, wet sanding, then touching up...but didn't want to make the X look too "civilized"

·
on line
1,574 Posts
absolutly. one of the best mods you can do
its suprisingly stealth and flush
i got mine from nissan for like 60

·
on line
2,072 Posts
x3
First mod I did - looks great and helps save the front of the hood, somewhat.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you take it off does it have any marks on it?? my brother in law had one on his truck and it rubbed it down to bare metal

·
on line
776 Posts
bug guard

Nissan factory shield comes with 3M clear pads where the clips clip on to your hood, so no bare metal rubbing should occur! Although, I have found that the protector doesnt protect as well as I thought/think it should! But hey, It looks real nice and wont take away from the ruggedness... :cheers:

·
on line
1,891 Posts
This was an essential when I drove from CA to NC. It definitely helped with the road debris that is just flying around when your driving a lot. A great investment to protect a bigger investment. :cheers:

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Lonesome Crow said:
Mine is a weathertech, I went with it because it wraps around the corners, Nissan's did not.
A thing to consider with the wrap around is backing on a tree lined trail and the chance that a branch may snag the plastic and snap it off. I'm very happy with my Nissan version

·
on line
1,716 Posts
RogueClimber said:
Lonesome Crow said:
Mine is a weathertech, I went with it because it wraps around the corners, Nissan's did not.
A thing to consider with the wrap around is backing on a tree lined trail and the chance that a branch may snag the plastic and snap it off. I'm very happy with my Nissan version
Good point...too late now. :geek:

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Im on the fence about this mod. I already have the shrock bumper. I know USMC put one of these things on his truck. But i dont know. I think if it totaly blended in id do it. But all i remember seeing are those big clear florecent colored bug shields that had those dumb fuc* little faces"peering" over the top edge. So no matter what it looks like, when i see em, i think to myself."Would i be a total hill jack if i got one of these things?" Refering to the ones you all have. Not busting anyone, but ive been scared for life by the area hill billies.

·
on line
294 Posts
id say it depends on the color of your truck.

i had one on my red brawn frontier, but it stuck out like a sore thumb and looked terrible. removed it 3 months later and had 3m xpel clearbra put on instead. that stuff is amazing, albeit expensive.

rock shield:

and clearbra:

covers the whole front end, but you can't see any of it!

·
on line
1,208 Posts
It was the very first thing i had done, When I bought my X 2 days later I bought the nissan bug guard from the factory for about 55$. I put it on that night and the front of my truck is spotless.

When I first left the military I had just gotten back from Afghanistan and bouight me a new 2003 jetta, left upstate NY (fort drum 20 mins south of Canada) down to florida, then from florida to Boise Idaho, my front hood was chipped and all sorts of damaged, tottaly pissed me off.

Well I went back into the military and when I got back from Iraq I traded in the jetta for a brand new 2006 X. got the deflecter put on. I drove from Boise Idaho down to Sierra Vista Arizona, wheeled in south arizona, then drove from arizona to fort bragg North Carolina, not one chip, crack, nothing!

I am tottaly sold on this mod if you want your front hood/winshield to last longer with less damage. here is a pic of mine on at the Grand Canyon, tottaly clean instalation, I dont think it detracts one bit from the X.

Here are a few from tonight, I had the camera on night shot, so it had a long exposure and our street lights are orangie flourecent, thats what is up with the wierd color.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does anyone have a link to get this thing for $55??? Everywhere I look the damn thing is $70. I know that's not that much, but I gotta save for OTHER things :bounce:

·
on line
1,208 Posts
sorry, nadda

·
on line
142 Posts
Very cool, never even heard of these. I had the 3M clear bra installed on my 350Z and it was great but starting coming apart after 3 years and it cost $800. I plan to keep my Xterra for alot longer than that. I think this magnetbra thing may be the perfect solution and it will match well with my yellow/black Xterra. I will post pics once I get it.

·
on line
82 Posts
Guys that have installed the bug deflector, did you notice any increase in wind noise when you put it on? I put one on one of my Explorers and it added an annoying amount of wind noise going down the highway. Has made me hesitate to put on a bud deflector again.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Old Navy nice color X!!

I have not had any wind noise added with the nissan bug guard.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts