Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my budget sleeping platform built out of plywood and 2x4s. The curtains are from Amazon and strung on a long bungee cord from Harbor Freight. The mattress is a tri-fold memory foam mattress from Amazon. I like how I can partially collapse it to drive around while camping, or I can fold it up into the back when not in use or extra space is needed. Rear window visibility is limited when it's folded up, but not gone.

I built a sliding out platform drawer that can hold everything I need for cooking and eating, plus extra supplies. I have enough storage on either side of the platform for more camping gear.

It's not fancy, but I was able to build it very inexpensively with just a drill. I had all of the wood precut to size at the Home Depot. It is easily removable and I didn't have to alter the interior in any way.

I hope this gives anyone who wants to use their Xterra as a camper some ideas!

PXL_20201101_165055179.jpg

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
375 Posts
That looks very nice and very practical and what else do you need ! as long as it works and dose what it needs to do, well done ! :D (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks man! Here's the mattress I'm using. It's really comfortable! It was less expensive when I bought it tho.
I have the same mattress and can confirm it's warm and comfortable. With a couple blankets I was totally warm in -10C weather. I don't doubt it would be fine down to at least -15 but it doesn't get that cold where I live. With my platform it lifted it above the wheel wells but I had to cut a couple notches in the foam for the D pillars around the hatch and the seat latches. Otherwise It fits perfectly.

Here's my build thread. It's not exactly a budget build though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts