Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a blast.. this trail is awesome and I never get tired of wheeling it! If you are ever in Arizona.. email me and I will be there with ya!! The flex on the X was great over the unlevel rock! Was very pleased.. had her on two wheels a couple of times!! Enjoy!

A beautiful shot from Chicken Point!

Flexin at Chicken Point!

The Beautiful wife and the X at Mushroom Rock!

More Flexin!!

Didn't know the tires would tuck so nicely...

·
on line
2,072 Posts
great pics!
Do you have a lift?
What tires are you running, tried to see in the pics but can't make it out.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
he's running the nitto terra grappler, but I cant tell what size, and I see shackles so he has a 2" lift, not sure what brand though.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Xd'myJeep, damn you just beat me to the punch 10:44 vs. 10:45 hahaha

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow.. just tweaked in before you!! They are actually 285-75-16's to be specific!

·
on line
1,340 Posts
nice pic's.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
You would have gotten more flex out of your rear if you had taken off the anti sway bar. But anyway, great pics. Reminds me of my time in Sierra Vista.

·
on line
108 Posts
I was up there in july for about a week and went wheelin everday. I was wondering did you do the devils staircase which they renamed the point of no return I prefer the devils staircase because it is menacing to look at or did you at least look at it.
When I was looking at it checking lines the pink jeeps came by and the last guy told me exactly why he would not do it in the X towards the top there is a nub of a rock sticking up between the ruts and his axle cleared it by maybe a inch or less he was running 35s I am running 32 Revos so I decided to turn around. I may of done it if I saw another stock 05 do it but I was not taking any chances. It is really rutted out to in areas too. It was cool watching the pink jeeps do it some of the people in the jeeps were screaming it was funny.

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes.. we have done the devils stiarcase.. actually did it when the X was stock as well.. rubbing the skid plates all the way down. But with the lift and bigger tires.. never even touched the underside!

·
on line
108 Posts
I thought you might like to see the devils stair case.
compliments of DBAX at azxc

and from johnnyX at azxc click on pic this pic is looking down I can not believe he did this in the rain.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
That trail looks pretty rad, I want to do that Staircase!

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a couple of pics after coming down it when we first took the X on it a year or so ago..

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Here is a couple of pics after coming down it when we first took the X on it a year or so ago..
So, you said as you came down you had skidplate contact the 1st time, before lift and tires. Was contact to OE skids (in OR pkg), if so how'd they handle?
I'm interested because after looking through my Sedona wheeling pics, I came to notice I don't have any of the Gen2 up there. :laughing1: I've got prolly 1000 of the '01. One of my alltime favorite trails, I never get tired of it, and the others nearby..

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes.. I have the stock skids.. and it handles the scraping without any issues at all. LEt me know next time you go. We will be up there for sure the weekend of dec 15th. And I am sure we will be there before then as well.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I love it, wheeling like its nothing in December haha only in AZ.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
LOL, talking about this to a buddy at work today, and he tells me he hasn't ever taken his new Montero 4wd offroad, but would like to try either BA (he's seen lots of pics..), or the backroad to CK. As of now, we're set to do BA this saturday (22nd). Most likely we'll leave the Chevron on Carefree Hwy/I-17 at 8-8:15am. Gas, Coffee, McDs, then off we go.
I'm bringing the camera too.. Might have to change my avatar soon.. :alien:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts