Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email from my fiancee saying that my truck was broken into!!!!! Im friggin in africa and there is noting I can do... she said noting was missing... but you know how that goes... Im sure ther is alot missing... but she just cant see all the extra stuff I have put into it!

I am pissed!!!

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
Sorry to hear about your break-in. Hopefully it was just a out-of-school teen that didn't know what he was getting into. Is there someone who knows your truck, that can check it out and give you a more detailed update on your truck status?

·
on line
1,320 Posts
man that sucks... been thru the same situation with my old car.
3000mls away and not a damn thing i could do about it!

·
on line
4,919 Posts
I feel your pain, man. I was up in Red Deer, AB when mine got broken into here in Boston. It was a week before I was able to get back. By that time, my tools and my amp&subs had been jacked.

I can't stand people who break into cars.

**EDIT**: Just an FYI, when I went to do my insurance claim, only things that were part of the vehicle (i.e. windows and bolted down items) could be claimed on my auto insurance. In my case, I got screwed on my tools.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Bummer man.

Ask her to take pics of everything inside. I am sure you can see if things have been moved or tampered with.

·
on line
631 Posts
i got my gun with me... lets go hunting!!

sorry to hear about that man. my jeep got broken into 4 times in 3 months!! and i was in utah during that time... i didnt think people in the area would, but they did. they stole my stereo all 4 times and never touched my tools, sub, snow board, or anything else.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
I went to go pay for gas inside and some homeless dude jacked three 100 pack cd carriers from my Isuzu Amigo. That was the last time I left the top off.

I am with Muzik, I would need to know now. I couldnt wait. Have your girlfriend take some shots or at least do a 360 in video mode to see if anything was taken.

But dude, after all you spent on the mods, could you afford to put anything in your car of value that isnt screwed on?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I have been driving the Jeep around with the top down and I am always afraid someone is going to snag stuff out of it. I have my recovery box in the back that is about 80-100lbs. It's locked with a pad lock and chained down to the back seat brackets (no back seat in it). I keep all my valuables in there and leave the back door locked. If the damn apes can get that box out of the back...the top up and or windows weren't going to stop them.

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
Last weekend, a friend of mine had his rig broken into, but all they took was a digital tire gauge and two european luggage tags. So we're assuming it was kids, with nothing better to do.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
mcampana said:
Shit! That sucks dude. Its time to put a security cammera inside that thing!
I have secutiry cameras around my house hooked to motion sensors and a digital recording deck. I have had too many problems with HS kids skipping school and hanging out in my back yard (I am about 5 houses from the school and you can't see my backyard from the street). It really helped.

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
mcampana said:
Jason..............you cease(sp?) to amaze me. Your house has to be set up like Blades whare house. Do you have a self destruct button in there too! In case someone comes to steel the seceret of th "Muzikman?!" Im kidding. But wow dude. All you need is an electric fence now.
Or a guard dog like this one. . . .

Don't get in his cross-hairs!!!
http://www.berm.co.nz/cgi-bin/video/play.cgi?z3Kp065SYUQ

1 - 20 of 33 Posts