Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i would post a couple of before and after pics for you. There definitely is a difference in stopping power. Take a look

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Could be the new disc or maybe the Fred Flinstone brake in the second pic! :geek:

·
on line
463 Posts
So,,,What kind of rotors are those and did you change the pads to something different ?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I got the rotars and pads off of the stillen site. when the rotars arrived they were in a box marked "brake pros" Honestly i thought they were stillen brand when i bought them. But hey they are nice and work well. As for the pads they are ceramic and seem to be very good quality, they were made by metal matrix.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Those look really good. Do you feel the difference in performance is justifiable, or does the cool factor outweigh the actual benefits? I remember a thread on drilled rotors awhile ago, and am just interested to see how it actually performs, 'cause the cool factor is obvious high.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will do a couple of 60-0 runs tomorrow, and post my times. then you guys can compare to yours.... Remember I have 285/75's full shrock gear and a lift, so my truck is alot heavier than stock.... we will see how it compares to a stock

·
on line
67 Posts
I likey...

Very curious to see how they hold up. I've thought since I bought the Xterra that the brakes seem to grab mostly at the end, which creates a bit of panic in quick stops. They should have been made more beefy IMO. My Pop's Highlander stops on a dime...albeit a lighter vehicle.

If these work out, I'm going to buy you a virtual beer :drink:

·
on line
67 Posts
I likey...

Very curious to see how they hold up. I've thought since I bought the Xterra that the brakes seem to grab mostly at the end, which creates a bit of panic in quick stops. They should have been made more beefy IMO. My Pop's Highlander stops on a dime...albeit a lighter vehicle.

If these work out, I'm going to buy you a virtual beer :drink:

·
on line
376 Posts
Congrats on getting the brakes... did you specify drilled only? Reason I ask is because mine are cross-drilled and slotted.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Looks good.

Just make sure you hit that caliper in the 2nd pic with some brake cleaner.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bwarren228 said:
Congrats on getting the brakes... did you specify drilled only? Reason I ask is because mine are cross-drilled and slotted.
I went with just the drilled because if I go in the mud and my brakes get gunked up with muddy goodness there is no way for the mud to get out of the slots, it will just be packed in by the brake pads. On the other hand the drilled holes allow mud to fall out the other side when the brakes are applied. Not sure if that is a big deal or not, but it was my thoughts when buying them.

XVTer said:
Do your ceramic pads squeak under light loading? My brother put a set of ceramic pads on his 3000GT and they squealed unless you got on the binders pretty hard and got them heated up.
Naa, no squeaking at all. :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts