Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m just about in need of some new brakes for the 2005 X...
although I can do this myself (really) It`s more convenient to bring it somewhere bc i`m crazy busy and too damn tired on the WE`s...
Is the dealer a decent place to have them install new brakes, and what can I expect to pay for the whole enchilada? F&R pads, cut rotors, E brake is really weak even after adjustment, was left on more than one occasion and smoked them, duh...???...PR...

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I would not use the dealer for brakes, although I am sure they will do a good job, you will pay a fortune and they will put the same crappy OEM pads on. If you don't want to do it yourself (which it would take less than 2 hours to do all four corners), I would take it to a small local garage that you know and trust. If you do not know of one, either ask around, or just take it to a national chain type place. You will pay more, but still probably cheaper than the dealer and you might have some input over what pads go on.

·
on line
1,084 Posts
I was told by the dealer $275 just for the front. I brought it to a buddies garage and got all four done for &280.

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Stealership will charge at least $500 for all four wheels, probably more because of the e-brake.

IMO, stay away from those shops that only do brakes - they are there to sell you an entire new brake system.

Find a local repair shop that does a variety of services. They will be looking to earn your business as a repeat customer and will probably have lowest price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts