Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used O'Reilly Auto Parts BrakeBest Select Ceramic pads on their X or other vehicle?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Has anyone used O'Reilly Auto Parts BrakeBest Select Ceramic pads on their X or other vehicle?
I've used it on my Civic and Integra and loved it. Super quiet and doesn't produce any dust particles.

Can't even remember how long they last but they do last pretty long for inexpensive brake pads.

I do noticed that these pads don't have that extra tight bite as other brands when you first apply it but I prefer it that way instead. So just a caution there if you're used to the extra biting pads.

They're cool to use on my Civic and Integra but not sure how it'll hold up to our heavy truck. Hell, I don't even like the stock brake pads that came with my 2014 Pro-4X.. it's very laggy. Not sure what brand the stock pads are.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just finished a brake job on my 07 X last night. Used O'Reilly BrakeBest ceramics and BrakeBest rotors all the way around.

No issues to speak of so far, but can't speak to durability. I would recommend getting the hardware as well, as my rears did not have the metal clips to reuse like the fronts did. The rear pads were Nissan branded, so either they were original to the vehicle (doubtful, at 158K miles), or changed at the dealership and they neglected to put them on.

I will be getting clips this weekend, as the old rear pads looked to have shifted to the outside of the rotor - about 1/8" of the top of the pad was past the rotor, so reduced surface area.

EDIT: When I say clips, i mean the little wire dealies. I don't know the exact name.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I put ceramics (Duralast Gold) on my X on the stock rotors and they started to eat away at the rotor. I ended up going back to stock pads.
I'm in the same boat, had to replace my pads with the premium ceramic from auto zone and they squeal like crazy. Gonna go back to stock until I can get a aftermarket kit with rotors and pads

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
109 Posts
I noticed NAPA sells organic pads for our trucks.

The only experience I have had with organic pads is that they dont last as long, but provide excellent braking and no noise.

Back in the day when I owned a 93 toyota pu, the dealership recommended organic pads. I did like them.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I noticed NAPA sells organic pads for our trucks.

The only experience I have had with organic pads is that they dont last as long, but provide excellent braking and no noise.

Back in the day when I owned a 93 toyota pu, the dealership recommended organic pads. I did like them.
I think the X uses organic pads stock but I couldn't get any dealership to tell me over the phone and I called a few. The factory pads don't produce very much dust either.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I think the X uses organic pads stock but I couldn't get any dealership to tell me over the phone and I called a few. The factory pads don't produce very much dust either.
Although I'm not feeling the stock pads, it seems like it's the better replacement than other off the shelf ones.

Did you happen to find out what brand pads Nissan uses?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Although I'm not feeling the stock pads, it seems like it's the better replacement than other off the shelf ones.

Did you happen to find out what brand pads Nissan uses?
No, when I ended up having the stocks put back on I had the dealership do it because of the rotors needed turning.

I do know when I replaced the stocks at around 90k they were only about half worn so they have some life in them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
No, when I ended up having the stocks put back on I had the dealership do it because of the rotors needed turning.

I do know when I replaced the stocks at around 90k they were only about half worn so they have some life in them.
stock oem must be ceramic, because napa sells a set that is made by an oem manufacturer, and is ceramic.
The price is about right vs the cost of pads on courtesy.

I might try the organics, plus they are suppose to not eat the rotors too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts