Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with my brake lights. The center brake light works normally but the driver's and passenger's side brake lights fail to light when stepping on the brake pedal. It's not the bulbs. Does anyone have an idea where the problem lies?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already ruled out fuses because when i use the remote to unlock or lock the doors, the brake lights do light up... so the only time the lower brake lights don't light up is when i step on the pedal, which is the most frustrating part

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
i already ruled out fuses because when i use the remote to unlock or lock the doors
The brake lights don't light when you unlock the truck, the turn signals do. Did you rule out the bulbs by replacing them? The tail/brake bulb is dual filament, the brake filament can burn out but the tail light filament can still work. It's not uncommon for both to burn out.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
The brake lights don't light when you unlock the truck, the turn signals do. Did you rule out the bulbs by replacing them? The tail/brake bulb is dual filament, the brake filament can burn out but the tail light filament can still work. It's not uncommon for both to burn out.
This. As said, the turn signals flash, they are the upper bulbs. The brake lights are the lower bulbs. Regardless: Bad bulbs. Everyone always comes on here insisting it's not the the bulbs. They are sure. Weeks later they finally give in to trying new bulbs... Boom, problem fixed.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is why I came to this forum, you guys know a **** load more about the X than I do... I'll check the bulbs asap, thanks Ramness!... oh and relax cheese head, I didn't insist on anything, merely stated what I thought... I was just instructed that I'm probably wrong and there's a good chance it actually is bad bulbs, if I was sure of the cause I wouldn't be on a forum asking for help... but thanks for contributing to the conversation, there are a lot of people who resort to insulting people in order to inflate their egos. Your insight was indispensable and without it I'm not sure I would've been able to sleep tonight

·
on line
22,508 Posts
This is why I came to this forum, you guys know a **** load more about the X than I do... I'll check the bulbs asap, thanks Ramness!... oh and relax cheese head, I didn't insist on anything, merely stated what I thought... I was just instructed that I'm probably wrong and there's a good chance it actually is bad bulbs, if I was sure of the cause I wouldn't be on a forum asking for help... but thanks for contributing to the conversation, there are a lot of people who resort to insulting people in order to inflate their egos. Your insight was indispensable and without it I'm not sure I would've been able to sleep tonight
I didn't insult you. I provided you additional information (that the brakes only light the bottom bulbs) and seconded that the bulbs were the likely culprit. You are quite the sensitive one aren't you?
Nope you never insisted it was not the bulbs.
It's not the bulbs.

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you know what, I'll take it back... maybe I just put a condescending tone on your words... either way, I have something to go on thanks to you two, which is more than I had before... I'll be back if I come to a dead end with the bulbs lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts