Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
361 - 380 of 397 Posts
Discussion starter · #364 · (Edited)
thanks oz. you just measured the resistance of the sensors?

i finally got around to putting some new e-brake pads in. should make for safer parking on the trail when wheeling, and definately better on the boat launches. the rear abs sensors are accessable when you remove the rear brake rotors. the tone rings, sensors, and e-brake assemblies were very dirty with mud/silt from the last couple times out wheeling. probably why my SLIP light was on. there is no real good way to seal up the area from water/silt as it can come in from around the backside of the rotor. i think it's worth my time and money to really try to stay out of that dirty/silty water that's deeper than the axles now that i see how much it can creep into the axles, bearings, sensors, etc...

Discussion starter · #365 · (Edited)
How are you liking the new muffler?
the dynomax vt is a pretty cool muffler. it does exactly what they say it will. when you open it up it sounds pretty good, aggressive tone. when you are off the throttle it is pretty quiet with no low frequency annoying drone. since i'm running at 2200-2600 rpm on the highway it is actually a little louder for me at cruising than it's supposed to be, but if you where running stock gearing it would be a great choice for a little more aggressive sound off the line, while still quiet at cruising rpm's.

that being said, i rode in xterrra_brit's truck a couple weeks ago with a stock exhaust and it was a nice/quiet change.

Discussion starter · #366 · (Edited)
finally got my POWER STEERING cooler upgrade done. should help keep the fluid temp lower with better/bigger cooler and more fluid capacity. also used an inline power steering filter. i hope this will extend the life of the rack and pinion while running 35's or even 37's.

napa rapid-cool transmission cooler #1-7508, magna pure inline filter #20-0038F.

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10383&highlight=power+steering

361 - 380 of 397 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.