Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say that the X is a super fast vehicle. I drove a chevy cobalt rental while they had my X to fix a rattle in the cargo area and it is like night and day. The X just goes when you just barely touch the gas. Love it....... and for what it is (a medium sized 4x4), what it does (goes off-road very well) nothing can touch it....

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I am always amazed at mine when I push it a bit and quit driving like a grandpa how she just goes and goes and goes.

·
on line
735 Posts
The last time gas hit $3 (about a year ago), i went back to the dealership to shop for sh!tboxes. I drove a 1.8 sentra..oh man..made the x seem like a luxury powerhouse. Of course a highoutput v8 makes the vq40 seem a bit like a wind-up toy also.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
mike100 said:
The last time gas hit $3 (about a year ago), i went back to the dealership to shop for sh!tboxes. I drove a 1.8 sentra..oh man..made the x seem like a luxury powerhouse. Of course a highoutput v8 makes the vq40 seem a bit like a wind-up toy also.
Yeah, I am sure it's all relative, coming from a 4 cylinder with 117HP Jeep, the X seems like a beast.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I love the power from my X, I was really shocked when I first got it...

·
on line
145 Posts
The above comments apply for me too. I stepped out of a 1st gen X....what a difference.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Give it some good gas in a low gear with some torque. The command of the 10mph-30mph curve or the twisting feeling of wheeling the X in 1st low with all that juice...

We're not just all partial to Xs here. We just happen to have picked about the best SUV/truck out there, in a lot of ways. People can barely imagine.

And it's smokin fast. Out 'the box!

·
on line
1,044 Posts
the new generation X completely destroys prior X's i ve experienced all generations and i cant wait till they top it again

·
on line
4,495 Posts
The mighty VQ40....got to love it!

I drive my mom's '07 4cyl Camry when she needs me to take her to a doctor's appointment since she has trouble getting in/out of my truck (chronic leg/hip problems) and its like driving a lawnmower!

·
on line
22 Posts
My last truck was an 05 Titan w/ AEM Brute Force cai, Stillen S/C, JBA shorties, HiFlow cats, true duals, Stillen ValveBody mod, TrueTrac rear end.
I was very surprised at how well the X ran, and I love the 6spd. Now to make it faster :blob6:

·
on line
3,218 Posts
"05 Titan w/ AEM Brute Force cai, Stillen S/C, JBA shorties, HiFlow cats, true duals, Stillen ValveBody mod, TrueTrac rear end."

Niiice..

·
on line
62 Posts
If you think the X is fast try the Rav 4 with the V6. Same size and HP but about a thousand pounds lighter.

Vince :clown:

·
on line
91 Posts
and then put the Rav4 in low 4 and hit the dirt.........After which you call the tow truck when you figure out no low range

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Vinman said:
If you think the X is fast try the Rav 4 with the V6. Same size and HP but about a thousand pounds lighter.

Or. if we're playing that game, try the Subaru Forester (or the Gen 2 Outback) with the turbo 4-banger! You're at 60 in a hair over 5 sec.

But those are cars...

·
on line
62 Posts
synjohn said:
and then put the Rav4 in low 4 and hit the dirt.........After which you call the tow truck when you figure out no low range
But this thread is about about how fast, not how slow :iconbiggrin:

Low range? Heck, I was surprised to see it even has a switch to lock the t-case.

I know the Rav isn't even close to the X in regards to a truck or off-road machine.

·
on line
91 Posts
Vinman
that was a inside joke to another local whom has a rav4 and wanted to go wheeling with us. He follows thenewx forums for info on SUVs, But come shopping time his wife had to have the leather. and yes the sh#t is fast.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
i still love pulling up to the '95 neons decked out in foreign parts and a huge ass muffler that sounds like sheit
i <3 rice!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts