Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, with the gas prices quickly getting higher and higher my Xterra has never met a gas station it didn't like...My wife and I have two vehicles, the Xterra and a 03 Lancer Oz Rally Ed that was getting tired and was starting to need some major repairs. With the proper budgeting and dickering with the dealer I managed to get a better payment on our new car then we did with the old worn down lancer. So without further adue....I pronounce to you, the daily driver !

·
on line
152 Posts
eh not my style... what kind of gas millage does that thing get? doesnt look like it would be that great on gas

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
paper says 25 in the city and 30 on the highway, but so far been averaging 33-35

·
on line
4,593 Posts
I rented one of those for a trip to SF a couple months back.

Drove well on the highway. Felt solid enough, seats a bit tight, but controls easy to use/find, but low to the ground.

It took some time to become comfortable with the lack of rearview. The rear seat headrests were in the way, blocking most of the view. Even with the seats folded flat I couldn't see out the back very well.

But, it did get pretty good mileage...probably 120 miles on 1/4 tank?

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Just don't look under the hood if you need a Jump-Start. The battery is in the trunk!

Took me for ever to figure it was back there went I had one for a rental and killed the battery running my inverter.

Congrats on the new DD

·
on line
2,004 Posts
congrats Brian, best of luck to you.

·
on line
552 Posts
LOL i like the HHR better than the PT cruiser. I especially like the panel van versions!

·
on line
830 Posts
XterraVT said:
Just don't look under the hood if you need a Jump-Start. The battery is in the trunk!

Took me for ever to figure it was back there went I had one for a rental and killed the battery running my inverter.

Congrats on the new DD
Theres jump points under the hood. Of course they dont work very well but u need power to the trunk to get it open so they do the job for that

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TXterra37 said:
PT Cruiser wannabe!
Chase, I'll be seeing you April 12th and 13th, hope you have your tent locked while you sleep :D

I do like the HHR over the PT, it has more room and actually rides really nice. I tried to convince the wife to let me get the black panel one but she wasn't biting. I got it for $16,250 and the original tag was $19,150, originally they were going to sell me the 'LS' version which is the bare basic model for $16,250, however they didn't have any black ones available and they knew I had my eye on the 'upgraded' 'LT' version so they hooked me up with the same deal, after talking on the HHR Forum people said the price I got my LT for was unheard of and that I really lucked out. When the gas prices come down, the Xterra will be driven more, but with the way things are, I can't keep up with it..lol.

·
on line
443 Posts
where I worked we used those as company cars. they were always going back to the dealer for work. But we put a lot of miles on them quickly. I like them just cheap fit and finish. Like the Led light that lights up the front controls from the roof. strange.

Enjoy it, they arnt bad cars for sure. Better then a neon and PT

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ha, I love that L.E.D in the ceiling, it lights up the shifter and the window controls, I think it's interesting and unique, however, wish I could turn it on and off.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
none taken, like i said, i needed something inexpensive, something that had a little room and something that had good gas mileage, i've been at multiple dealers and didn't see much of anything that I had a interest in other then the HHR, to be honest, i didn't like the HHR at first, but after looking at it and driving it, it wasn't half bad.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
did you try the SS. it comes with the turbo 4 cyl thats in the solstice GXP/sky red line

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did look at the SS, however, I paid 16,250 for my HHR, the SS was 26,500

heh, this is just my daily driver to and from work and road trip ride, I wanted to keep it semi-basic but still with some nice add-ons.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts