Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 P4X Night Armor
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my recent "expedition" to the Maze, I bought a 30-quart BougeRV refrigerator. It served us well during the trip, keeping our drinks and perishable food items cold. As the cold drink supply ran low, we replenished from warm stock. The fridge cooled everything quick enough to stay ahead of us. We set the fridge temperature at 36F, and it stayed very close to that for the entire trip. Overnight it would warm up to 41F because we unplugged it - not really trusting the battery saver function. The fridge fit well in the rear corner next to the 12V outlet, and we had no trouble with it coming unplugged, even thought the cargo compartment was full of gear and we bounced around over some rough "roads".

When I found the fridge on Amazon, the price was $309.99. I was ready to pull the trigger, but got called away from my PC for an hour or so. When I got back, Amazon had announced a flash sale so I got the fridge for $268.45 including tax, delivered.

Three days of driving in the Maze, we saw four other vehicles and one of them was a park ranger. What a great place to go to get away from the crowds!

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle

-=Tom=-

·
Registered
17 Posts
For my recent "expedition" to the Maze, I bought a 30-quart BougeRV refrigerator. It served us well during the trip, keeping our drinks and perishable food items cold. As the cold drink supply ran low, we replenished from warm stock. The fridge cooled everything quick enough to stay ahead of us. We set the fridge temperature at 36F, and it stayed very close to that for the entire trip. Overnight it would warm up to 41F because we unplugged it - not really trusting the battery saver function. The fridge fit well in the rear corner next to the 12V outlet, and we had no trouble with it coming unplugged, even thought the cargo compartment was full of gear and we bounced around over some rough "roads".

When I found the fridge on Amazon, the price was $309.99. I was ready to pull the trigger, but got called away from my PC for an hour or so. When I got back, Amazon had announced a flash sale so I got the fridge for $268.45 including tax, delivered.

Three days of driving in the Maze, we saw four other vehicles and one of them was a park ranger. What a great place to go to get away from the crowds!

View attachment 147264

-=Tom=-
I love it! Seems like a sweet solution. Beautiful photos as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts