Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I need help! Ive been searching and searching and can't find a dash kit for a single din radio that mounts on the bottom instead of the top. I know I saw a post someone mentioned they got it at Tweeter, but I live on Long Island and the nearest one is in Connecticut!! If anyone could link me to one available online for give me any suggestions, it'd be greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't flip it and the pocket is part of the kit and cannot be removed.

Anyone got one that is bottom mount or the pocket can be switched to the top?

·
on line
131 Posts
I bought one from Crutchfield that utilizes the factory brackets to mount both the stereo and pocket. It comes with a few different-sized trim rings for the pocket, and I think I used the largest one. I mounted the pocket on top, and stereo on bottom. The only drawback is a slight gap between the two, but that could easily be fixed with a little plastic and some creative trimming. Sitting in the driver's seat, the gap is hardly noticed due to the angle of the stereo.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
the one i got was in a blue/clear bag, i think the brand was "American...." or something like that....they pocket was separate and bolts to the bracket individual from the HU, thus it is flipable.

·
on line
874 Posts
scosche makes one...I have it

·
on line
82 Posts
I just bought a pocket from an 02 Altima and ISO mounted the deck. You could easily install it in whatever configuration (deck on top or bottom) you wanted that way. Plus, I like the piece of mind knowing the deck is securely mounted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts