Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Night Armor Pro4X
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new headunit for the X today. It's a BOSS Audio BE950WCPA. I got it at Best Buy for $449 and ordered the SCOSCHE dash kit from Amazon after reading the one Best Buy has is crap.

The unit is touchscreen, has Android Auto and Apple Carplay as well as supporting both a back up and front camera.

The screen is easy to see in the blistering California sunlight and is responds quickly when you select an item.

No adapter for the Rockford Fosgate amp and sub were needed and it works with my steering wheel controls with an adapter.

I had Best Buy install it (free with purchase), so I can't speak to the ease or difficulty of installation.

This thing brought new life back into my audio system. It sounds a lot better than before.

I am very happy with my purchase so far.

·
Registered
2011 Pro4X
20 Posts
Super clean!

I keep telling myself that my current bluetooth adapter is good enough. Then I see posts like this and start to think about a new head unit.

Nice upgrade!

·
Registered
2012 Night Armor Pro4X
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was well worth it. I'm really enjoying getting texts and Facebook messages on the screen and read to me. So much safer than trying to read them while driving!

·
Registered
2007 NIssan Xterra S 4wd.
5 Posts
Does this radio have a navigation independent of your phone? I have one in my subaru that has android auto but you have to use google maps through your
phone to have any kind of navigaiton and I don't like it lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It was well worth it. I'm really enjoying getting texts and Facebook messages on the screen and read to me. So much safer than trying to read them while driving!
Is the text function part of Apple Carplay/Android Auto, or is it a function of the head unit itself? I have the same functions (text/email) on my daily driver Toyota Corolla, but without Android Auto/Apple Carplay and would love to have it in my X as well. With my current BT setup, unless I am streaming from my phone, I no longer even get the tones telling me I have a text or email.

·
Registered
2012 Night Armor Pro4X
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the text function part of Apple Carplay/Android Auto, or is it a function of the head unit itself? I have the same functions (text/email) on my daily driver Toyota Corolla, but without Android Auto/Apple Carplay and would love to have it in my X as well. With my current BT setup, unless I am streaming from my phone, I no longer even get the tones telling me I have a text or email.
It's part of Android Auto.

·
Registered
2012 Night Armor Pro4X
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does this radio have a navigation independent of your phone? I have one in my subaru that has android auto but you have to use google maps through your
phone to have any kind of navigaiton and I don't like it lol.
Navigation is only through Android Auto with Google Maps or Waze

1 - 10 of 10 Posts