Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

boost gauge?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  boholio 
#1 ·
Okay i emailed stillen and they recommended getting a boost gauge to monitor the extra pressure caused by the supercharger... My question is... which one do I get??? would any universal boost gauge be okay? Do any of you have a recommendation on a particular gauge? any info will help.

#3 ·
whoa thats an expensive one!

AutoMeter has a boost gauge for around $30. I think i still have a few gauges left from when i turboed my last car. if i can find them i will let you know...

#5 ·
did they recommend a boost controller too? this would help you to fine tune the amount of boost you want and also change it on the fly

if i recall any boost gauge will work, autometer is known pretty well for gauges......i have a friend who modifies imports and has turboed every car he's owned, i'll ask him if he has any recommendations.

#6 ·
willgr1 said:
did they recommend a boost controller too? this would help you to fine tune the amount of boost you want and also change it on the fly

if i recall any boost gauge will work, autometer is known pretty well for gauges......i have a friend who modifies imports and has turboed every car he's owned, i'll ask him if he has any recommendations.
I dont think a boost controller would do much good with a supercharger, they are usually adjusted by swapping in different pullies. Boost controllers usually work by opening and closing the wastegate to change the amount of exhaust the turbo will see.

Although never owned a supercharged car though, so i may be talking out of my ass......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.