Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is.... sorry for the night shots, but I just finished.

Some Flex shots (kindof reminds you of ponyboys first shots huh!!)[/b]

Okay here is a slight problem, the front tires rub very badly but i will just hammer it down or something.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Looks good...and yeah, I would say that is just a little rubbing. :)

In the back, is that stuffed tire resting on the bump stops or the fender? I would hate to flex it out and smash up the fender.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Looks good. How'd the rest of the install go? Can't wait to see your fender trim job. Thats a lot of material. Heehee. Or are you going to use the BFH method?
That tire and wheel combo looks great.

·
on line
631 Posts
holy moly donut shop!! that looks sweeeeeet! wanna do it to mine next? i think so haha

thats the same style wheel i was looking at over at 4WDW. but the all black one, i think the wheel number is 8089 or 7089... one of those is your wheel number. what rim width?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments...
First i am probably going to have a body shop do the trimming. I think its going to be too much for the hammer job.
Second, I was too excited to even look at if the tire was resting on the bumpstops or the fender... so I donno.
Third... Do you think i should put spacers on the rear??
Fourth... my rims are 8089's 17x8

The rest of the install went really easily... I had already done the leaf springs once before... so i knew exactly what to do (it took me about one hour to tear the rear apart and put it back together)

·
on line
204 Posts
First: Good idea
Second: Can't blame you
Third: It might cause A LOT more rubbing ( pending results from question #2)
Fourth: Good choice

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Third: The wider front than rear looks good to me. That's what I'm going with. And why space the rear wheels when you don't really need to? BTW, the 8089s look great.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
very nice! :cheers:

You need some revolvers on that sucker for more flex!

·
on line
3,272 Posts
kokopop said:
very nice! :cheers:

You need some revolvers on that sucker for more flex!
Its just never enough is it! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Your ride looks sweet and sexy as ever man. I dont know if I missed this in an earlier post but are you compensating for the actual lowering of the front differential with bigger tires or did you modify the lift so there would be no drop in the front diff?

·
on line
576 Posts
Haha Eddie (Its Eddie right? lol), you said booyah. I am always saying that damn word. I am impressed on how it came out. It looks amazing, and the 35s give it a nice finishing touch. Does it only rub when you flex? The reason I ask, is because you will be aired down when offroading, so it might not rub as bad when wheeling. But if its rubbing on street driving, then yeah you need to get the sawzal :)

Next time I'm heading to Lafayette, LA I should stop by and check that truck out in person.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Wow! That is one of the nicest looking X's I've ever seen. Congrats. I think it came out great. So...what's next?

·
on line
704 Posts
Hey,

Looks sweet! Do you notice any vibration? I know that some folks on XOC posted problems with the 5" Cal lift.

·
on line
369 Posts
Follow my project thread for the trimming needed to fit 35s in the front! I'll be home from vacation on Monday so look for updates later next week. Awesome looking X bro, I really like it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts