Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been holding off on writing this for awhile now but losing hope pretty quickly.

He accepted my request to build a rear swing-away to retrofit onto my existing shrockworks rear bumper. Cool. Paid him $415 on the 15th of June. He was ready to ship the 28th of August but he realized there was a design problem. Understandable as it's a custom deal.

Fixes the problem and says he's ready to ship the 23rd of October. I haven't heard from him since. Sent email, text, pm through thenewx and phone calls. Acasper has been helpful as an intermediary but I've received no contact in a month. I would love to edit this to read that he has refunded my money or given me a shipping number but until then it looks like he's stolen $415 from me. No other way about it. Be extremely cautious when ordering.

I know he's an established member here and I'm a new guy, I get it. Regardless of anyone's standing on the board, taking money then ignoring all contact for months is unacceptable. If anyone would like to see documentation I have all of it.

·
on line
8,599 Posts
I understand ur frustration.
I'm not making excuses for him but he started a new full time job the past few months that he puts a lot of hrs into. He's a good guy but he has said to me that fabing stuff is getting overwhelming with the little time he has.
I'll try getting ahold of him again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No worries, he just contacted me. I definitely get it as far as a guy in his garage doing custom work. I just need a text every once in awhile letting me know what's going on. Thanks for the help Acasper.

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
No worries, he just contacted me. I definitely get it as far as a guy in his garage doing custom work. I just need a text every once in awhile letting me know what's going on. Thanks for the help Acasper.

Glad to hear you made contact, he is a Great guy and I am sure he will make it right for you.

Brian

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
I have dealt with Xtf Fab and to say the least we had some issues. First was time, then there was powder coating which didn't happen cause I was tired of waiting, then when I received the bumper it wasn't what I thought I had spoke with him about. Now beyond that he was very informing of the situation and handled it very professionally and compensated the shipping and more and there were no hard feelings. I came to love the design he had made me. Around 6/15/2013 he pm'd me with this offer

BoonDox said:
Well since you let me do just whatever with the bumper design and it turned out to be a huge success. I'm going to be making you a free interior cargo rack! Yeah I said free due to XTF kicks that much ass!
Now its November and no word no response. I understand he is busy and Im not upset because it was free, but hopefully he see's this thread because even though Im not upset, I am disappointed, at the very least he could've pm'd me saying he was to busy or financially he couldn't swing it. The truth is he is a very good guy and a very busy guy. This is not to bash him but to just be informant of what Ive gone through on a customer basis. So hopefully he might see this like I do from a business perspective and help him grow for the future. Also to note I will recommend xtf for further business

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I got a interior rack from him with much the same performance....great guy...great work.....but the time and lack of communication leave much to be desired......i word it like this now months later after my frustration has subsided....
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I got a interior rack from him with much the same performance....great guy...great work.....but the time and lack of communication leave much to be desired......i word it like this now months later after my frustration has subsided....
Posted via Mobile Device
Edit...

He actually offered me a partial refund, but i declined bc he is a stand up guy and deserves to get paid for his work
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sympathetic to the aspects of small operations and I was prepared to deal with those. I'm not sympathetic to the shrugging off of any contact. I did my on board air setup where the spare was based on the info that the carrier was shipping and have been driving around with the spare in the back since. Not a big deal but I would still be waiting without this thread. I know some guys were looking for an add on tire carrier and I was excited to find someone willing to take it on so maybe this can fill a niche. I'll post a review and pics when I get it. Would not do business again.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

I received the swing away and it didn't fit the bumper. He worked it off of a shrock bumper that came with a swing away and the shackles are in a different place than my shrock that came without.

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee467/Lvwilly/IMG_1786_zpsac0c5af6.jpg

No worries. I talked to him and he said he'd ship out a spare bumper that would work. Waited two weeks then sent another text. He said he forgot and would send it. Haven't heard anything since. Cool story bro.

Link to retrofit:
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1388369#post1388369

1 - 9 of 9 Posts