Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
on line
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Price list see how high i go before i break my bank.
dana 44: 125
ford 9: 100
yota steer box: 40
paint & prep for axles: 40
Brackets for install of front axle: 250
Rear axle rebuild: 100
Front axle rebuild: 200
Mounting rear axle: 40

Still need:
brake lines: ?
brakes redone: ?
track bar: 125
steering shaft custom: ?
brace for steering box: 30
radius arms: ?
shocks: 250
drive shafts: 400 to 600
cross members...

Looks about 2000 to 2500
________
Mercedes-benz 280 specifications

·
on line
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A Reply of respect! Thanks..
Getting hammered over on XOC! :blackeye:

Hey S_e_X-Terra, get the guys PM on the shocks...?
i'll pay shipping... he just needs to send you $$$
________
Scientology Advice

·
on line
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Kaiser
SWXC President
2000 Denim Blue
4X4 SE
posted May 30, 2007 09:51 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sooooo... you're going to take a new-ish $20-$30k vehicle, do a cheaped out SAS on it, and make it a ridiculously huge offroad-only trailer queen?

I'm all about the SAS... but if you're going that extreme and not trying to make an all-around vehicle why not start with an XJ or something that's purely a beater trail rig?
I would love to send it to All Phase! I just don't have the cash or credit
to do so... So i'm going to do a setup maybe people can afford.
Don't get me wrong i love the setup on ponyboy & 8th man setup.
I just have to try something differant and less cost than 10 grand!
I know if something breaks while i'm driving 65 down the highway
I'm F*ed! I think it with be cheaper than replacing diffs, gears, and
cv's over time.
________
FAKE WEED

·
on line
1,792 Posts
BoonDox said:
Kaiser
sooooo... you're going to take a new-ish $20-$30k vehicle, do a cheaped out SAS on it, and make it a ridiculously huge offroad-only trailer queen?
So that's how people talk to each other on XOC, after you've already made up your mind to do an ambitious build on your own? That's the support you get? Those guys need to grow up.

Over here, people will respect your decision and encourage you every step of the way. And we'll bug you about posting pics every single day, lol!

·
on line
4,919 Posts
d-rap said:
BoonDox said:
Getting hammered over on XOC!
What's their problem? That sounds like it's gonna be amazing. And props for the DIY!
Yeah, that's the reason I've shyed away from the other site. I have only been into Xterras for about a year (since I bought mine) and the only questions I've asked, I've gotten awnsers that made me feel half retarded.

Mad props on the DIY, man, can't wait to see what it looks like!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Don't let them discourage you, but they just want to make sure you are a 100% comfortable before you start hacking into your X.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I assume you are doing a Long Arm front and just spring over in the rear? What type of geometry are you looking at in the front?

·
on line
576 Posts
Awesome Boondox! I was about to tell you if u go any bigger than 37s, you wont get them to stuff in the wheel wells. But looks like you are going the mud route, so articulation isnt as important as tire size. Adjusting where you put the bump stops will keep the tires from stuffing and rubbing. You could probably go cheaper and just block the rear for more lift (i hate blocks, but for mudding its not a bad choice). One question though, why did you shy away from the leaf spring set up in the front? Keep us posted!

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Good luck man. What an ambitious project indeed!
You know we're all pulling for you over here dude. :cheers:

·
on line
1,792 Posts
kokopop said:
Don't let them discourage you, but they just want to make sure you are a 100% comfortable before you start hacking into your X.
Hear that, totally. There's a debate/discussion to be had about SAS vs modding the IFS, how big to go for meats, what have you. SAS is for keeps. I went the IFS, 33s route myself, which makes sense--for me. Yet there's a difference between helping each other make decisions and treating people like crap because you don't share their vision.

BoobDox, Pony, or anyone else. What's the advantage of a leaf set-up up front in this application, anyway? Mainly strength? Height? Cause don't you lose flex/travel?

·
on line
576 Posts
With leaf springs, they are not only your "spring", but they are also your "arms". I also believe , if set up correctly, you do not need a trac bar. In other words, with a leaf spring front end, you have less parts. Less parts = less breakage = more time to go mudding/offroad

·
on line
358 Posts
Leafs are easierand lass expensive. Coils are more adjustable, more parts and usualy more articulation.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Sounds like it's gonna be a great project. Take you time and enjoy the build. Don't forget to keep us posted with lots of pictures and updates. Good luck.

BTW - I wouldn't hesitate to give the guys over at All Phase a call for some tips or advice. They'd love to hear from you.

1 - 20 of 315 Posts