Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this is for preventative measures. I have a used m205 coming Thursday which is being installed Saturday but I dont know if it will have the bolts needed to connect the CV axles to it.

I would like to know before hand the size and grade needed in case I need to go out and buy them quick Friday before the install.

Anyone know what Im talking about? Thanks in advance. :salute:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I don't wanna give Nissan any money. I want an idea for something that will work. Come on gents!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I know they're 14mm, I'm not positive on grade or length.

Copy and pasted from Rook's "How To Source A Titan Swap Thread":
(12) M205 Halfshaft Flange bolts (call brian at Cherry hill Part# 39606-17V0A)

Search Nissan's part# maybe you will be able to find the specs on the bolts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill just get some heavy grade stainless steal bolts the will fit with a short shank. Do the standard bolts have lock washers?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I wouldn't cheap out on this part I ordered them today $40 total and installing tomorrow. Why make it harder on yourself? What's another $40 after spending thousands on suspension and drivetrain items. Just my opinion. It's more work to sit try and figure out what is going to work.
x2

This is what I was going to say. Are you really that adamant about not giving Nissan money?

Just buy the parts that were designed to work with what you already have. They're not even that expensive, and you wouldn't have to wait. I listed the part number in my first post.

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the help everyone, I got some grade 8 bolts that will work from a tranny shop in town.

here is my next situation. The breather on the m205 broke off during shipping. Is has probably about 1/4" of the vent tube left so I doubt ill be able to attach the hose to that.

Are those breathers removable? I have two r180 I could swap out if those things come off.

Throw me some ideas, im installing tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Thanks for all the help everyone, I got some grade 8 bolts that will work from a tranny shop in town.

here is my next situation. The breather on the m205 broke off during shipping. Is has probably about 1/4" of the vent tube left so I doubt ill be able to attach the hose to that.

Are those breathers removable? I have two r180 I could swap out if those things come off.

Throw me some ideas, im installing tomorrow. Thanks.
I would assume no. It seems pressed in not threaded. I doubt you could get it out. You could plug it and retap a new hole and thread in a breather tube

I would they to install the tube first. Maybe you can. We did on my Buddha who's breather was snapped off

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would assume no. It seems pressed in not threaded. I doubt you could get it out. You could plug it and retap a new hole and thread in a breather tube

I would they to install the tube first. Maybe you can. We did on my Buddha who's breather was snapped off

Ya it for sure looks pressed in. I dont have the tools needed to tap and install a new breather during this install tomorrow. I should be alright just leaving it how it is for a couple days right? As long as I dont go through some deep water........

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Ya it for sure looks pressed in. I dont have the tools needed to tap and install a new breather during this install tomorrow. I should be alright just leaving it how it is for a couple days right? As long as I dont go through some deep water........
Yeah but I'd figure it out now..why bolt the diff up to have to drop it again. Just clamp the hose in and silicone around the edge. It will work. It only.needs a few mils to lock on

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finished the t swap yesterday. Took a good 9 hours but that included all the tweaking like messing with alignment and splicing the abs wire along with opening the m205, inspecting it, cleaning in, and refilling it.

The abs clip were the hardest part...lol.... The both of us couldn't figure them out so I cut them off.

We need a sticky somewhere on the forum detailing how to separate the abs plugs.

Complete PITA
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 19 of 19 Posts