Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Played around up in the Bohemia Mining District (southeast of Cottage Grove, Oregon) with some friends. There's a couple shots of a forest service lookout tower which you can actually rent in the off-season.

We finally found the Noonday Wagon Trail, which is kind of a well known trail around the county here (I think Peterson's even listed it an a state-by-state trail guide once). It was pretty much worthless in my book. It's really narrow and not that exciting. A local trail club used to maintain it, but I don't think anybody has worked it in a while because the foliage was unbelievably overgrown in some spots. I shudder to think how much paint I lost. I know there are a couple of other play areas near the wagaon trail, we just couldn't find them. We did find a log at the beginning of a marked ATV/MX trail to play around on a little bit.

Anyway. Here goes...

http://www.geocities.com/eddygris77/noonday.htm

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mindie said:
Nice. I've been doing some research trying to find new places for our club to go, and that trail is one that I was interested in... until now. Thanks for sharing, Shawn.
Hey Mindie,

I know you guys did a Sand Lake trip already (that I couldn't make it up for) but you should give some consideration to the state dunes park in Florence. It's a lot fun...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts