Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple years back I was replacing a body mount and managed to break free the weld holding the nut when taking it off. It's the body mount directly under the drivers seat and now the mount spins freely. I'm looking for creative ideas on how I can repair this without cutting into the body and welding a new nut. Any ideas?

·
on line
248 Posts
I believe they are a caged nut, but generally if you put enough pressure it will tighten up, just pry down as you tighten up

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it would make sense if it was a caged nut. It's currently spinning freely in there. I'll have to see if I can get a pry bar in there to put pressure on the mount & nut in order to get the mount tightened back up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know how the cage nuts are held in place? I would have thought they were welded.

·
on line
248 Posts
I think the cages are welded and the nut is free, but both are square so you either rounded the cage out or broke it free

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that's what I'm thinking but If I can put enough downward pressure on the mount while tightening I may be able get it done. I'll give that a try and see what happens -- otherwise I'll have to cut a U in the floor somewhere to get to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts