Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ran some quick tape on the truck for the body magnets. what does everyone think? im thinking from the top edge of the tape to the bottom of the door. fenders and quarter panels would be even with the bottom of the door.

not sure what to do about the hood unless you think the whole thing should be covered. only thing that worries me is wind resistance and large magnet surface area if it gets under there....dont know if i'd doo highway speeds with an opening available for drag... BUH BYE MAGNET!!!

for all those that like to stand on your rear bumper to mess with stuff on your roof, i was thinking about a partial pagnet for the lift gate. that way you dont scratch the hell outta it like i have mine already...

let me know what you guys think/want guys, i more than likely will be dropping this off on saturday. if not then monday afternoon to get worked on tuesday next week!!!

if you have other designs photochop them up!

·
on line
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so miles...do you like the panel ideas? do you have other suggestions? the guy is going to be making the template off my truck, so i'd like to give him suggestions seeing as how anyone who MIGHT want one, checks this board more than likely... what does everyone think about A hood magnet, not necessairily the one i have laid out....?

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Did I miss an earlier post about what you plan on doing with this?

·
on line
2,459 Posts
aahhh...okay. I didn't read it because I don't live near California. :)

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Id like to see the entire hood covered. But thats just me. And i dont know if its possible, but more door covereage. I know there are limitations though.Obviouslt the roof and tail gait wouldnt need it.

And i wouldnt worry about driving on the free way with those things dude. You should just take them off. Its easy to roll that stuff up and remove.

·
on line
60 Posts
i'd go for the sides of the truck definately. the hood and rear tailgate are a bit much. plus, wind might get underneath the magnet. make sure u clean the hell out of the truck and bottom side of the magents because the magents will scratch the hell out of the paint. also, dont leave the magents on permanentely, they will peel off the paint and leave rust. my dad had magnets on his landscaping truck and they always damaged the paint underneath. just an fyi so there's no surprises later on.

·
on line
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right but i had to say it cuz you know someone is going to be rollin down the interstate and watch it fly off other wise!!! so am i the only one that wants the tailgate coverage? everyone else stands on the sliders/steps? my foot doesnt fit in that thing very easily and i dont have sliders...hence the bumper...

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I think the roof it's self will be fine. The rack keeps an amazing amount of scratch off the roof. I will say though, the pillars are a common place to get scratches. I am not sure how well magnets would stick to them though as there is not a lot of surface area and I can see the branches peel the magnets off.

·
on line
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much more door coverage are you thinkin MC? the whole thing? only reason i taped what i taped was exactly what muzik pointed out...not too much metal to hang on to...

these would only go on when wheelin came around. i know better than to leave them on all the time! besides i like paint color. now whose to say that might not change in the near future tho (i have a repaint idea in mind right now)

·
on line
152 Posts
I don't think the hood is necessary and if not having it keeps the price down thats a good thing. Even though the tailgates a good idea i dont think id put it on if I had it. I agree with Muzikman and they should try and cover the pillars bc that area does get a lot of brush.

·
on line
552 Posts
hey looks good, How about a smal strip running underneath the doors for when your only running dirt/gravel trails and dont want the bottom to get banged up?

Also are they going to make 3 different kits like they do for other cars?

·
on line
666 Posts
My 2 cents which with the falling rate of the dollar...

I'd rather wash and put a serious coat of wax and call that good. If there is anything under the magnets, dust, dirt or what have you, then all of that will put more small scratches in.

Again my .02

·
on line
552 Posts
I was thinking maybe a magnet on the front of the hood where a bugshield would be cus that flat frontal area is pretty vulnerable.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts