Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those running body lifts, where did you guys get the body lifts from or are there any for our trucks. I was told they are fairly inexpensive but AC sells thier kit for like 400.00. Is that the norm? All i want is a 2in body lift.

·
on line
807 Posts
If you want anything other than a 3", it will have to be custom. Contact 4crawler, they can get you set up real easy.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
There is one person who had a I think a 2" BL installed. It was all custom and a shop did it.

With the X, you need more than just the spacers. There are steering shaft extensions, radiator relocation brackets, etc.

This is why the AC kit costs to much. It's also the reason they have no plans on making a 2" kit. They don't feel that it's worth it.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
With all the work that goes into putting in a BL, might as well go with the 3" IMO. Just make sure the kit is complete, especially nuts/bolts, before starting or you might be making a few trips to the hardware store. I found this out the hard way.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Well, the fact that there is only a 3" Bl is the reason I never even considered a BL. Some times bigger is not better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts