Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am ready to start modding up the body and such now that the interior is complete. I want to start with a body lift before I get new tires I think.

I've read through the forum looking for body lift instillation stuff but there arent any real how-to's.

How easy is it? How long does it take? Is there a how to?

Thanks!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
The 2" BLs are easier to install than the 3" BLs. Or at least thats what i have heard. The problem is that most of the people on here dont have body lifts.... and almost all the people that do, have had them professionally installed. I remember at least two people who have done the BL themselves.... but forgot their screen names.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
If you have a friend who isn't mechanically challenged, you can easily have this finished in a day. This wasn't the case for me so took a couple days to finish. All you need are some basic hand tools- ratchet/socket primarily. The instructions are detailed enough with a lot of pictures. The actual installation isn't hard. It's just so many steps b/c you have to disconnect everything attached to the body.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
If you look on club frontier you can find instillations for a 3" or 2" body lift.

·
on line
90 Posts
BigBoyInDiego was one that did the BL, another guy just recently I believe
I am the other guy...I did it myself in my driveway over a weekend...total time was about 14 hours. If you aren't comfortable with a wrench and you have the coin, I suggest letting someone do it for you. The best quote I got for labor was $475, but I enjoyed the challenge. You don't need any special tools (air tools are helpful though), but don't expect too much help from AC; and the AC instructions are shit.

If you decide to tackle it, I'll help you out via PM wherever I can.

Here is a driveway shot...that's all I have right now of it.

3" AC body lift and 3" PRG spacer lift on 295/70-17s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts