Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Nissan Frontier, new enough that it doesn’t have a bluetooth module under the passenger seat... I posted on Club Frontier, but thought I would post here also:)

Has anyone figured out how to get the two Bluetooth steering wheel control buttons to function when an aftermarket radio is installed (Kenwood) in a late model Frontier without a Bluetooth module under the passenger seat?

James

·
Registered
74 Posts
My 2015 X was the first year they switched to no-module BT. All I did was order the correct harness/instructions from Crutchfield. Works perfect with my Kenwood.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 2015 X was the first year they switched to no-module BT. All I did was order the correct harness/instructions from Crutchfield. Works perfect with my Kenwood.
Thank you for this piece of info. So there is no bluetooth module under the passenger front seat in 2015 Xterra.

Last summer I have put a new radio (ATOTO 6 pro), but I was only able to program 3 out o 5 buttons. I used a following harness.

Could you provide more info about getting your radio to work with the bluetooth buttons?

Thank you, JK

·
Registered
41 Posts
To follow up on my previous post, I have played with steering wheel controls in the ATOTO6 setting menu, and finally was able to get the blutooth phone buttons working!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Kenwood DMX906S does not have settings for the steering wheel controls.
Anyone have any tips on getting this working?
James

·
Banned
186 Posts
My Kenwood DMX906S does not have settings for the steering wheel controls.
Anyone have any tips on getting this working?
James
You need this: Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter Connects your car's steering wheel audio controls to select aftermarket car stereos at Crutchfield

For anybody else having the issue, just look up the head unit you want/have on Crutchfield, and it will tell you what parts you need for what features. The only thing they have wrong is you do NOT need a Bluetooth bypass for the 2015.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Nissan Frontier, new enough that it doesn’t have a bluetooth module under the passenger seat... I posted on Club Frontier, but thought I would post here also:)

Has anyone figured out how to get the two Bluetooth steering wheel control buttons to function when an aftermarket radio is installed (Kenwood) in a late model Frontier without a Bluetooth module under the passenger seat?

James
Order one and DIYS

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m using the PAC SW1-CP2. I did do this myself, all wiring soldered.
For whatever reason the PAC product doesn’t seem to play well with my buttons, and their customer service is poor.

James

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need this: Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter Connects your car's steering wheel audio controls to select aftermarket car stereos at Crutchfield

For anybody else having the issue, just look up the head unit you want/have on Crutchfield, and it will tell you what parts you need for what features. The only thing they have wrong is you do NOT need a Bluetooth bypass for the 2015.
I have a 2019 nissan frontier so crew. I installed a pioneer avh-600ex and swc pac all my steering wheel buttons work except the push to talk. It doesn't work on the head unit either. When you press it this comes on the screen. Function not enabled on your device. Can anyone please help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts