Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2012 Pro 4X, never had any issues with it. last night I was driving home talking on the hands free.

using an iPhone that has always worked with the truck, I had to do something on the phone so i unlocked it, and began to check my calender or something and the audio from the truck cut out, and turned back to the radio and the iPhone speakers turned back on, i figured i just changed the speaker and left it at that.

today my phone would not sync up with the xTerra, and when i press the steering wheel button nothing happens.

does anyone have any idea, what could cause this problem?

my xTerra, does not have any after market items except interior dome LED's that have been in it for about 2 months now.

please tell me its something as easy as a fuse, or holding down the hands free button to reset the system.

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
I know this sounds crazy, but go into your truck and power down the phone and repower it.

sometimes the system gets caught in a loop, and needs to disengage, and this is the only thing that frees it up.

B

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
oh okay, so this is what I have done.

I turned Bluetooth off on the phone, turned it back on (while truck on) - no luck.
turned phone off and on - no luck
turned truck off and on - same deal

also the menu button, volume, and the other switch work.
It appears to just be Bluetooth that is affect.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery on the X.

Yesterday I had to do that just to get the radio/audio working again. Stopped at Lowes with everything working fine and when I came out there was no sound.

Battery reset fixes a lot of oddball stuff.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Good deal, glad to be a help.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I would have tried unplugging the bluetooth box under the passenger seat first. I hate programming radio stations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts