Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a C200K differential cover from Blue Torch on 2/16/14. I didn't hear anything for a while and finally sent them an email on 3/7/14 asking about my order and they said it was "being shipped the first part of next week", which was last week. I sent them another email last night asking about my order and haven't heard anything. Has anyone else had this type of experience with them?

·
Super Moderator
4,539 Posts
Shipping times with BTF depend on whether they have your item in stock. Nissan diff covers are a low demand item built in small production runs. If you ordered when inventory was depleted it would not be unusual for a 4-6 week turnaround. Their shipping desk is efficient; I have no doubt your diff cover will ship as soon as it is ready.

·
on line
7,144 Posts
When I was at their production facility in September I saw a table full of diff covers. Each pile had a different model of truck covers. Most of the piles had 10-15 covers in each square. In the Xterra pile there was only 1 cover. In a nutshell, if I was producing items, the product that sells the most would get priority.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Manufactoring delays

Ok. Well that explains the delay. But what about getting back to me and letting me know that? Don't tell me you are sending it out and then not send it out. I have a leak in my cover and was told I need to replace it. If I would have known that it would take 4 to 6 weeks I would have bought one from another vendor (Shrockworks I think) or just used an OEM. I buy tons of stuff on line and its been a long time since I've been left in the dark on an order like this. Even if your a mom and pop, have the decent customer service to at least provide notification that production for your particular part may be delayed.

·
Super Moderator
4,539 Posts
Ok. Well that explains the delay. . . . If I would have known that it would take 4 to 6 weeks I would have bought one from another vendor . . . .
Did you telephone and ask whether your part was in stock or request a time estimate before you ordered?

From the Blue Torch Fab website:
"Some items may not currently be in stock at the time of purchase. To guarantee availability call the shop and check stock before placing your order. The online checkout process will not give current stock information."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I did not. My bad. Didn't see it. I'm over the production delays, my compliant is the fact that that on March 7 I received the following email and have still not received the part.
"George,
This should be shipping first part of next week.

Thank you for your patience!!

We appreciate your business very much!

Hayden Cook
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service Representative
Toll Free: (866) 725-2795 ext. 201
Local: (205) 521-7333 ext. 201
Fax: (205) 521-7343
Email: [email protected]"

Additionally I sent another email two days ago and have not gotten a response.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still haven't gotten it

Still haven't received the order. Here is the email I received on March 7 after I inquired about my order:

"George,
This should be shipping first part of next week.

Thank you for your patience!!

Hayden Cook

Here is another email I received from them after I asked where my order was on March 24:

"Shipping today or Tuesday.

Thank you

Hayden Cook

Here is the lastest email I got from them on April 1
after I again asked where the order was:

"In Quality Control now..

Thank you,
<image003.jpg>
Hayden Cook

So in a summary it goes like this:
On March 7 they said it should be going out first part of next week
On March 24 they said it would be shipping Tuesday or Wednesday next week.
On April 1 they said it was in quality control.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I had no issues with Ballistic, fits great and it turned out fantastic..
You were one of the lucky ones. They sent me 2 that did not fit. The first one I forgave because it was a product in development. There was no excuse for the 2nd one not fitting, I provided measurements and information on why it didn't fit, and they sent me another one with the same inadequate clearances.

In my opinion, right now there is no reputable company making diff covers for the Xterra. Good luck with BTF, I hear they do fit when you get them, if you ever get them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts