Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I want to replace my steering wheel with a leather one. Mine has the cruise control in it on the right side but no blue tooth. My question is if I buy a steering wheel with the blue tooth on the left side will it function? I know a lot of time cars all have the same wiring because it's cheaper to manufacture. So would I have the wiring in the back of the steering wheel to connect it? Thanks

Dave

·
on line
4,434 Posts
No. You have to have the technology package and the Rockford Fosgate head unit. The tech package included the iPod connector cable in the upper glovebox and the Bluetooth unit and mic in the headliner behind the dome lights.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
I think they're is also a blue tooth module under the pass seat. There is also an iPod module in the dash somewhere , if you had the package that is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an opportunity to buy one that's really inexpensive but has both the cruise and Bluetooth sides. Can I just eliminate that left side and cover it with my existing blank. Will the harness fit up to the cruise control on the right side?

Thanks
Dave

·
on line
436 Posts
The switch pods can be easily swapped for you old ones. You may have to swap your regular cruise switches as the pinouts very between years and models.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The wheel itself will swap in no problem. The harness will plug in, your cruise controls will work and the radio controls in the new wheel will light up and give the balanced look to the wheel. I have a 2013 S 4X4 and put in the Pro-4X leather wheel with controls with no issues. The harness plug on the wheel plugged right into the harness in the steering column with no modifications. I personally like the wheel having the balanced look (controls on both sides) even if the radio controls don't work. Plus, the leather wheel is so much better than the stock one. One of these days I will follow the threads on here and hook up the radio controls.

·
on line
436 Posts
The harness may pug in but it may or may not work correclty depending on the year and model of donor vehicle, I have been down that road. I added a leather wheel to my 08 S as the original vinyl was starting to blister and had to swap in my old switches as the wiring was different.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The harness may pug in but it may or may not work correclty depending on the year and model of donor vehicle, I have been down that road. I added a leather wheel to my 08 S as the original vinyl was starting to blister and had to swap in my old switches as the wiring was different.

Yes..forgot about that. He didn't list the year of his truck so I was just spit balling. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts