Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
front differential blew out on the rocks yesterday. the truck will be going back to stock then to the dealer for service next weekend.

the angle on the cv axles is too extreme with ~4.5" lift.

anyone wanting to do that much lift should consider waiting for a diff drop kit or custom fab one.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
We'll miss your knowledge of the X around here. Hope the repair isn't too painful

·
on line
87 Posts
You dont have to wait, Calmini's kit is a dif drop.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
that sucks. keep us posted

·
on line
1,884 Posts
AJ said:
You dont have to wait, Calmini's kit is a dif drop.
According to Calmini you do have to wait...They are still only taking pre-orders...

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Greg is right. If you want the diff kit you have to drop the $ on the entire kit. Not worth it.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
I'm going to be making some calls in the next couple of days to try to get TC to develop a 1" diff drop kit.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
dan galusha said:
I'm going to be making some calls in the next couple of days to try to get TC to develop a 1" diff drop kit.
What exactly is a drop kit? And what does it do?

·
on line
3,484 Posts
cornick said:
dan galusha said:
What exactly is a drop kit? And what does it do?
It has provisions to let the front diff drop down so it comes into better alignment specs, closer to factory, so you don't stress out the moving parts and crunch em up. (The dreaded clicking noise) Without the drop, when you lift the truck, the moving parts bind a little, when you off road, they will bind a lot at times and it's there that they will crunch and munch.

2nd part of Question. I should know this but who's TC?

Calmini is working on a lift that has a drop. Problem is, it's Calmini!

MC

·
on line
3,217 Posts
armandov99 said:
I think TC is Total Chaos...but I might be completely wrong.
We have a winner. :cheers:

·
on line
279 Posts
When I lifted my Tundra, I cracked both of my CV boots. Sprayed grease everywhere. Had to get a second kit that had the drop and add that to the first. Angle on the drive shafts are too extreme and the drop kit will bring them back close to stock.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
rm975 said:
I ask out of ignorance.

What is wrong with Calmini?
Calmini just plain sucks in my books and a lot of other people's when it comes to customer service, etc. They fight a lot of the first gen people in regards to getting stuff replaced because it broke or something like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts