Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My A/C has stopped working on settings 2-4. On setting 1 the A/C lights up but no air blows. 2-4 the light (and compressor) will go off, but the air blows properly. I did a little searching and figured it was the resistor so I ordered one and installed it today.

After installation, the air will not blow on ANY setting except for four. Now the A/C light (and compressor) remain on for settings 1-3, but will go off for setting four.

Any ideas? Did I purchase a defective resistor pack or is something else going on? This is the resistor I purchased:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1320232&cc=1433009

Any help is appreciated. Thanks all!

·
Registered
918 Posts
That looks like the right part. I had the exact same problem in both of rigs and the replacement of the resistor card did the trick. Not sure why yours isn't fixed with the new resistor. Oddly enough a girl i work with has a honda accord with the same symptoms. I told order a resistor from Rock auto and I will install it. She ordered it a installed the new resistor and her ac/heat still did not blow. I told her it is probably her blower motor. She is taking it to her mechanic on monday. It's odd that this exact same scenario played out for you as well as her and both resistors were ordered from rock auto. Probably just a chance happening but does make me scratch my head. Once i put her resistor in and it didn't work my first thought was bad resistor. But i wasn't convinced so I told her to take it to her mechanic and see what he says. Her ac/heat doesn't blow at all at any setting. I would guess blower motor but the key word is "guess". I am sure someone else will chime him who knows better than I do.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Seems to be the thing is to install both. blower motor and the resistor card. One fails, the other will also. Others will chime in as well, but that was the general rule with blown Resistor.. buy them both.

Mine, failed on the Fan settings.. installed new Resistor card.. Works. BUT, I also pulled the motor & gave it a cleaning too. I posted up a thread of the condition it was in.. I hate mice!!.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts