Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay first off no flaming or "didnt you use the search function" posts on here because I did, but all the links for schematics or how to videos are dead.

so. About 6 months ago my blower motor died abruptly on 1 and 2, and my ac died on all but setting 1. so that's a resistor card, I think I can handle that one. but being me, i just started to use the fan on 3 and not let it bother me....

About two weeks ago my fan died almost totally. 3 does not work, and on 4, if I slam the passenger side dash really hard it'll squeak a little and sortof come on... like it's on setting one. now this sounds like the blower motor is shot.

Here's what I'm wondering: where do I find a how to video or a pdf with instructions (I know they're kicking around somewhere, but the links are dead on this site) and secondly, it's probably both the resistor card and blower motor correct? is there any way that this could just be a further degredation of the resistor card? cheers.

PS: I went through some FAT muddy water puddles and ingested water right down my air intake cowling on my hood, so this is why I think the motor on the blower finally died.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that was that day with steady.... i'm not normally a puddle person, but that day was the exception

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Sounds like your blower motor is going out, pulling excessive amperage burning out the resistor.

·
on line
951 Posts
Sounds like your blower motor is going out, pulling excessive amperage burning out the resistor.
This!

Replace your blower motor and resistor. When you bang on the pass side of the dash, you're basically just kick-starting the blower motor.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if you've read the original post, that's exactly what i'm going to do. so that's only half of the question.... my main question was: does anybody have a schematic/how to for taking the dash apart to get to the fan??

·
on line
951 Posts
Nothing to take apart. Look under pass side dash. Blower resistor and motor are right there. 2 screws and 1 connector for resistor... 3 screws, 1 connector for blower motor.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ah wicked
got a motor today from lordco! 77 bucks, not bad conmpared to the dealership at 200

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Well if you've read the original post, that's exactly what i'm going to do. so that's only half of the question.... my main question was: does anybody have a schematic/how to for taking the dash apart to get to the fan??
I read it just saying why both need to be replaced. I figured you had already taken the 2 seconds to look under the dash.

·
on line
371 Posts
I have fought this battle since day one with my 06 OR.
I was blowing the resistor at least once every six months.
After three years of this, I finally complained enough to the dealership and they replaced the whole blower motor.

Six months later, the damn thing blew again.

I finally solved the problem by removing the in-cabin filters. I hate not having them in there, but they were restricting the airflow enough that the resistor could not cool enough, apparently.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
huh. mine's never been an issue though up until this year so i'm pretty sure the old fan was just full up with stuff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts