Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if washing my X was the cause or just a coincidence, but two days ago, I got done washing it and turned the A/C on only to hear a major vibration coming from the blower motor area. It varied with speed and got really bad, like steering wheel shaking bad, when the fan was on high.

Once I figured out how to remove the blower motor, I found a piece of insulation that must have fallen through the A/C filters when I changed them recently. The insulation was only about 3" long and about the diameter of a small cigar. Once it was removed, the blower was back to being nice and quiet.

Also, removing the blower motor was really easy. 5 screws to remove the lower glove box and 3 odd size (5.5mm) screws to drop the motor.

I thought I was going to have to replace the motor at first, so if anyone runs into some major vibes with the blower, check to see if something fell into the squirrel cage. :eek:ccasion5:

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Yep, easy to Remove.. I removed Kick panel to get to the motor..

Mine was Mice & Cherry seeds. that gave me bad vibrations & Then a blown Resistor card.

285 Posts
I just dropped my fan a few weeks ago. The cabin filter was topped with a pile of dry cat food from a mouse in my garage. I pulled out the cabin filters, and some cat food dropped down into the fan cage. Loud hum and vibrations, so I dropped the fan and vacuumed and vacuumed...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts