Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive needed to touch up my truck in a few places with the dealer touch up paint. So my question is how can I better blend the touched up section with my regular paint of my truck because it is quite noticeable between the two.

·
on line
807 Posts
Probably some rubbing compound and a buffer.

·
on line
807 Posts
sorry, I am no paint/finish expert. Go to your local auto store and take a look at the buffing/polishing compounds they have. You want to start with something a little more abrasive to get the touch-up level with the existing paint, then go with a less abrasive poslish to try and smooth it all out and blend it togeather. Then wax the area (or the whole truck) and it should look pretty good. Unless you want to get into wet sanding and re-spraying clearcoat, its not going to be a 100% perfect job, but you should be able to make it barely noticable.
You'll need a buffer to do this right, your not going to be able to get results trying to buff/polish by hand.

·
on line
139 Posts
I've never tried this before, but some of the Miata folks swear by this for (near) flawless chip repair:

http://www.langka.com/

As with any product, I'd conduct a bit of your own "consumer research" before taking the plunge.

This product does appear to be simpler than sanding, painting, spraying, etc so perhaps it will be a good alternative?

D-Rock

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont have a chip no more...I have two dime sized touched up areas which are noticable from the rest of the body. I clearcoated it also, but now it looks rough and a bit lumpy so I want to find a way that I can blend it better to make it not as noticable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts