Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few shots from a Sunday drive out the Blair Valley and the Pictograph Hiking Trail in Anza Borrego Desert State Park, California.

Santa Ysabel was spared from the recent wildfires, one of which started just a short distance from the Julian Pie Company main bakery. We picked up an apple pie to go with our picnic lunch.

The Blair Valley trail is a very easy sandy road that starts out narrow and then opens up into a wide valley with a dry lake bed in the middle. It has a gentle climb up to the parking area for the hiking trail, then back down again. We did the approx. 16.4 mile loop route that ends at the campsite just off Highway S-2 by Foot & Walker Pass, a notable spot on the Butterfield Stage Route of 1849.

The various paths take you either across the dry lake bed or along the edge of the valley past some nice camping spots.

Great scenery along the one-mile long Pictograph Hiking Trail, and great views down towards the valley below. Elevation here is a little over 3,000 feet.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Frank I miss your pics. Thanks for posting. I am a local boy who is just too busy to make it out but I know you keep telling me about the SCCX site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts